1. Standard memberrobhamer
    Rob Hamer
    England
    Moves
    23 Nov '10 16:13
    Originally posted by Zygalski
    Rob.
    Finding suspected engine users has to do with looking at large samples of non-database moves then comparing the correlation with a strong engine to games played by the very best unaided human players.
    If you find someone online who plays far more like an engine in many games over time vs solid opposition than Fischer, Kasparov, Estrin, Berliner & many others, then you have to ask what reasonable cause there is for this.
    thanks for your time and your views ,you clearly know your chess ,
  2. Joined
    24 May '08
    Moves
    23 Nov '10 16:40
    Cheers.
    But really it's more a question of experience than chess knowledge.
    I'm only an intermediate (1600-1800) player, whereas the game mods who look at and also generate this data then forward their suggestions to admin are much stronger players than I.
    Fortunately for me, any old idiot can copy/paste PGN into a batch analysis tool & begin automated analysis with an engine then wait for results to be spat-out 12 hours or so later 😉
  3. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    23 Nov '10 17:05
    Best looking at someone like Squelbelch's posts with regard to engine analysis..there are a number of highly competent analysts here prepared to spend good time amidst their resources.
  4. The Smoke
    Moves
    23 Nov '10 22:26
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    Best looking at someone like Squelbelch's posts with regard to engine analysis..there are a number of highly competent analysts here prepared to spend good time amidst their resources.
    his alter ego is *already* taking part in this discussion 😉
  5. California
    Moves
    24 Nov '10 03:20
    Originally posted by Renars
    And what does that suppose to mean smarty pants. Got da one nic seven with my glove in yo mouf phoo!
  6. Joined
    24 May '08
    Moves
    24 Nov '10 07:40
    Originally posted by Renars
    That's perfectly true. I registered this new username after being given the ok by Chris.
    Through accident I sometimes post under my old username, but this is purely because I still get pm's to it which I always try to answer & then forget to log out & post under this otherwise unused account!
  7. Joined
    14 Nov '10
    Moves
    24 Nov '10 19:08
    While going through some of fantal's old games I chanced to stumble upon this beauty: Game 4755081
    😵
  8. c6
    Moves
    24 Nov '10 20:06
    Originally posted by kalvinator
    While going through some of fantal's old games I chanced to stumble upon this beauty: Game 4755081
    😵
    Black gained 15 rating points for that draw.
  9. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    24 Nov '10 20:10
    Originally posted by kalvinator
    😵
    This game just serves to fortify the sentiment of "Never give up!"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree