Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. Standard member RevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    22 Nov '10 17:55 / 1 edit
    Couldn't find a game I was following, did player search and nothing...curious..
    EDIT: Seems the asp has been brought to bear, someone said there was a poison chalice up there in 'loftyland' rates list.
  2. 22 Nov '10 18:06
  3. Subscriber no1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    22 Nov '10 18:13
    Another one bites the dust ............................
  4. Standard member atticus2
    Frustrate the Bad
    22 Nov '10 18:42 / 1 edit
    It's all a cunning stunt by Admin. They are clearing out the leader board in preparation for a play-off for the Undefeated Championship of RHP

In the Red Corner: User 501860

In the Blue Corner: User 605716

And may the Best Man win πŸ˜›
  5. 22 Nov '10 18:56
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    EDIT: Seems the asp has been brought to bear, someone said there was a poison chalice up there in 'loftyland' rates list.
    Yup, either poison in the winner's champagne or the lack of oxygen at such heights.
  6. Standard member RevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    22 Nov '10 19:30
    Originally posted by atticus2
    It's all a cunning stunt by Admin. They are clearing out the leader board in preparation for a play-off for the Undefeated Championship of RHP

In the Red Corner: User 501860

That could be fun πŸ˜‰ Seems also that your first candidate had remarkable success with 'our chap here' πŸ˜›
  7. Standard member Lundos
    Back to basics
    23 Nov '10 02:56
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Another one bites the dust ............................
    And another one gone, and another one gone.

A bit old school but still great... πŸ˜‰
  8. Standard member ChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    23 Nov '10 05:00
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    He's gone to that great engine room in the sky.
  9. 23 Nov '10 06:10
    It's fair to say he was a totally blatant engine user.
    Good decision by Russ & Chris. πŸ™‚
  10. 23 Nov '10 09:04
    Originally posted by Zygalski
    It's fair to say he was a totally blatant engine user.
    Good decision by Russ & Chris. πŸ™‚
    a question for you ,because i would like to understand a little more , ...how does admin spot ,or believes that a Rhp chess player or players are engine users ,do you know what might stand out in engine use .
  11. 23 Nov '10 09:11
    What is the lowest rated player ever banned for engine use?
  12. Subscriber Marinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    23 Nov '10 10:02
    I'm a little shocked about this one tbh, i was playing him and discussing his new appointment as an inter school chess coach in his region. He apparently was having discussions with Mathew Turnur (GM) along with some other notables from the ECF to start an inter-school chess program. Annoyingly i was actually up material (after a mix up of move order in the opening). Game 7752100 ...Do i get the win in this case? (Please say yes, please say yes!!) πŸ˜›
  13. Subscriber jankrb
    Conductor
    23 Nov '10 10:57
    Yes, you get the win by move timeout.
  14. Standard member Mathurine
    sorozatgyilkos
    23 Nov '10 13:24
    Originally posted by Habeascorp
    What is the lowest rated player ever banned for engine use?
    All of them...
  15. 23 Nov '10 15:03
    Rob.
    Finding suspected engine users has to do with looking at large samples of non-database moves then comparing the correlation with a strong engine to games played by the very best unaided human players.
    If you find someone online who plays far more like an engine in many games over time vs solid opposition than Fischer, Kasparov, Estrin, Berliner & many others, then you have to ask what reasonable cause there is for this.