1. EDMONTON ALBERTA
    Moves
    08 May '08 18:231 edit
    Lets say you are playing 2 games on RHP. 1 is against a player 200 pts lower than you and you are losing. The other is against a player 200 pts higher than you and you are winning.

If you determine in the first game that losing is UNDETERMINED and that in the second game winning is forced, would it be wise to delay winning the second game so that you can first see if you will lose the first game, thus maximizing your rating gain from the win on the higher rated player?

This is what I am doing at the moment... just wanted your opinions, and as far as I can see its not against the rules.
  2. Joined
    27 Apr '08
    Moves
    08 May '08 18:24
    Originally posted by ChessJester
    Lets say you are playing 2 games on RHP. 1 is against a player 200 pts lower than you and you are losing. The other is against a player 200 pts higher than you and you are winning.

If you determine in the first game that losing is UNDETERMINED and that in the second game winning is forced, would it be wise to delay winning the second game so that you ...[text shortened]... l lose the first game, thus maximizing your rating gain from the win on the higher rated player?
    I think you're putting too much effort into an anonymous chess rating... I have not done that so far, at least.
  3. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    08 May '08 18:29
    Originally posted by ChessJester

If you determine in the first game that losing is UNDETERMINED and that in the second game winning is forced, would it be wise to delay winning the second game so that you ...[text shortened]... l lose the first game, thus maximizing your rating gain from the win on the higher rated player?
    unless your rating drops more than 25 points from the loss, there's no difference. and when it drops over 25 pts, you'll still gain only 1 point more by ending the lost game first.

so it doesn't really matter.
  4. EDMONTON ALBERTA
    Moves
    08 May '08 19:45
    Originally posted by wormwood
    unless your rating drops more than 25 points from the loss, there's no difference. and when it drops over 25 pts, you'll still gain only 1 point more by ending the lost game first.

so it doesn't really matter.
    Thank you!

So really its a minuscule difference and doesn't do much in the long run... good to know.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree