1. Joined
    19 Sep '06
    Moves
    09 Nov '06 05:40
    I thought that if the other Black knight got into this game White could kiss it goodbye. Imagine how brutal that knight would be on d4 (or is it e4?)
  2. Donation!~TONY~!
    1...c5!
    Your Kingside
    Moves
    09 Nov '06 05:56
    White might be lost here. Black all day long.
  3. Standard memberHomerJSimpson
    Renouned Grob Killer
    Moves
    09 Nov '06 06:59
    haugesund obviously has alot of games right now, and just wanted to cash in with the draw
  4. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    09 Nov '06 16:08
    Originally posted by HomerJSimpson
    haugesund obviously has alot of games right now, and just wanted to cash in with the draw
    The game's been subjected to a certain amount of scrutiny in this thread, by a number of strong players and some engines. It's not always clear that you are winning when you're in the middle of a game, and it's also not obvious to me how black should proceed with the attack, so offering a draw must have been tempting.

I left Crafty analysing it overnight and the end position looked like black had a winning endgame.
  5. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    09 Nov '06 16:27
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    The game's been subjected to a certain amount of scrutiny in this thread, by a number of strong players and some engines. It's not always clear that you are winning when you're in the middle of a game, and it's also not obvious to me how black should proceed with the attack, so offering a draw must have been tempting.

I left Crafty analysing it overnight and the end position looked like black had a winning endgame.
    Thanks for that Deep Thought, appreciate it - my brain analysed about two moves deep and didn't like the look of my position either.
  6. EDMONTON ALBERTA
    Moves
    09 Nov '06 21:23
    Black clearly has the better position... but its only good if the black player knows how to use that position to create a win. I think he offered a draw because he wasn't sure how to proceed with the attack, and since you have the higher rating he didn't want to take the chance at blundering and giving away the advantage.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree