Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. Standard member woodypusher
    misanthrope
    21 Jul '13 07:16 / 2 edits
    Mine is Fabiano Caruana, 2796, world #3. Also have Shakhriyar Mamedyarov (2761, world #12), Teimour Radjabov (2733, world #23), Pavel Eljanov (2702, world #44), Ernesto Inarkiev (2680, world #66), Victor Bologan (2672, world #71), Emil Sutovsky (2660, world #88), Vugar Gashimov (2737, inactive), and Hou Yifan.

    Not really a big deal but kind of cool to be able to chat with them now and then. Gashimov hasn't played in awhile due to health problems and Radjabov deleted his FB page after he was bombarded with disrespectful and hateful comments during his slump.

    Vugar Gashimov is the nicest one of the group and the first one to accept my friend request. It's a shame he has had such serious health issues.
  2. Standard member hedonist
    peacedog's keeper
    21 Jul '13 08:59
    Robert Rough 1750
  3. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    21 Jul '13 13:50
    Originally posted by woodypusher
    Mine is Fabiano Caruana, 2796, world #3. Also have Shakhriyar Mamedyarov (2761, world #12), Teimour Radjabov (2733, world #23), Pavel Eljanov (2702, world #44), Ernesto Inarkiev (2680, world #66), Victor Bologan (2672, world #71), Emil Sutovsky (2660, world #88), Vugar Gashimov (2737, inactive), and Hou Yifan.

    Not really a big deal but kind of cool to ...[text shortened]... the first one to accept my friend request. It's a shame he has had such serious health issues.
    I tried to find out what his illness is but was unsuccessful, any idea what is the matter with him medically? BTW he won his nation's championship 3 times and he was only 9 the first time!
  4. 21 Jul '13 15:51
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I tried to find out what his illness is but was unsuccessful, any idea what is the matter with him medically? BTW he won his nation's championship 3 times and he was only 9 the first time!
    He had a brain tumour removed a few years ago, I do hope it's not a reoccurrence of that.
  5. 21 Jul '13 16:26
    I now realize that I have no chess based FB friends what so ever...
    (I tried to become a FB friend with some hote models and stars, but they reached the limit of friend-number...)
  6. Standard member woodypusher
    misanthrope
    22 Jul '13 04:48
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    I now realize that I have no chess based FB friends what so ever...
    (I tried to become a FB friend with some hote models and stars, but they reached the limit of friend-number...)
    Don't worry about it too much. They're probably fake profiles anyway.
  7. Standard member ChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    22 Jul '13 04:49
    Originally posted by woodypusher
    Mine is Fabiano Caruana, 2796, world #3. Also have Shakhriyar Mamedyarov (2761, world #12), Teimour Radjabov (2733, world #23), Pavel Eljanov (2702, world #44), Ernesto Inarkiev (2680, world #66), Victor Bologan (2672, world #71), Emil Sutovsky (2660, world #88), Vugar Gashimov (2737, inactive), and Hou Yifan.

    Not really a big deal but kind of cool to ...[text shortened]... the first one to accept my friend request. It's a shame he has had such serious health issues.
    I have several in the 25-2600 range, I'll trade you 2 FMs for a SGM.
  8. Standard member woodypusher
    misanthrope
    22 Jul '13 04:50 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    He had a brain tumour removed a few years ago, I do hope it's not a reoccurrence of that.
    He also has epilepsy and high blood pressure. It's sad.

    In November 2009 he was rated 2758 and was #6 in the world. In January 2012 he peaked at 2761 and was #10.
  9. Standard member mikelom
    Ajarn
    22 Jul '13 10:05 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by woodypusher
    Mine is Fabiano Caruana, 2796, world #3. Also have Shakhriyar Mamedyarov (2761, world #12), Teimour Radjabov (2733, world #23), Pavel Eljanov (2702, world #44), Ernesto Inarkiev (2680, world #66), Victor Bologan (2672, world #71), Emil Sutovsky (2660, world #88), Vugar Gashimov (2737, inactive), and Hou Yifan.

    Not really a big deal but kind of cool to the first one to accept my friend request. It's a shame he has had such serious health issues.
    And do they talk to you, or are you just another fb number?

    I have lots of famous friends on fb. I'd be darned if they ever answered a message!

    And I'll be darned if ever answer them too!

    -m.
  10. Standard member woodypusher
    misanthrope
    23 Jul '13 00:29 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by mikelom
    And do they talk to you, or are you just another fb number?

    I have lots of famous friends on fb. I'd be darned if they ever answered a message!

    And I'll be darned if ever answer them too!

    -m.
    Only Gashimov and Bologan ever answered me. I don't really remember if I even started a chat with anyone else.

    I tried to talk to you once but you ignored me.
  11. Standard member caissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    23 Jul '13 00:59
    Jennifer Shahade
  12. Standard member ChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    23 Jul '13 02:11
    Originally posted by caissad4
    Jennifer Shahade
    Small world I am friends with Greg and Jenn
  13. Standard member mikelom
    Ajarn
    23 Jul '13 05:08
    Originally posted by woodypusher
    Only Gashimov and Bologan ever answered me. I don't really remember if I even started a chat with anyone else.

    I tried to talk to you once but you ignored me.
    Since when?

    -m.
  14. Standard member woodypusher
    misanthrope
    23 Jul '13 05:49
    Originally posted by mikelom
    Since when?

    -m.
    When we were Facebook friends, I commented "Good morning, Mike." I never got a response and when I checked, my comment disappeared. I thought you deleted it and didn't want to talk to me because I'm such an opinionated trouble-maker
  15. Standard member woodypusher
    misanthrope
    23 Jul '13 05:55 / 2 edits
    I have so many enemies I make George Zimmerman look popular
    I'm hated by rednecks, African-Americans, conservatives, liberals, christians...the only ones who don't hate me are my wife, dogs, and gay people and that may only be because they haven't told me yet!

    Someone on Facebook even threatened to kill me!



    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    ~ Winston Churchill