why do I suck?

why do I suck?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

g

Moves
24 Jun 14

because don't judge yourself playing online.

rc

Moves
24 Jun 14

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
Robbie C is a good player. IMO he lacks confidence and also he misjudges his playing strengths and weaknesses. I think he tries to be a positional player and he is a tactical player.
I don't think there is such a thing as a positional player or a tactical player, if there are tactics on the board or we can create them, then fine, if not we play positionally.

rc

Moves
24 Jun 14

Originally posted by gort
because don't judge yourself playing online.
again if two people play fairly i don't see what difference it makes where the game is played, on line our outer space.

Moves
24 Jun 14
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
why do I suck?
To answer that question you must first find out why you put it in your mouth 😕

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
24 Jun 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I don't think there is such a thing as a positional player or a tactical player, if there are tactics on the board or we can create them, then fine, if not we play positionally.
It's true; the terms 'positional' and 'tactical' are almost always presented as a dichotomy, as if you can't be both at the same time.

I think it's more a question of risk. Some people prefer a game in which they let their opponent take all the risks. These tend to be labeled 'positional' players. But even in the games of so-called 'attacking' players, you see them getting their pieces - at least, the ones needed for the attack - to good squares. This is also 'positional' play - coordinating one's forces to strike at the weak points in the enemy K position.

rc

Moves
24 Jun 14
2 edits

Originally posted by KnightStalker47
To answer that question you must first find out why you put it in your mouth 😕
Wow, let me educate you, 'suck', is an American colloquial term which in essence means to do something badly, it is never intended to literally mean to suck, as in a vacuum cleaner. Now you have learned something you can go away feeling happy.

rc

Moves
24 Jun 14

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
It's true; the terms 'positional' and 'tactical' are almost always presented as a dichotomy, as if you can't be both at the same time.

I think it's more a question of risk. Some people prefer a game in which they let their opponent take all the risks. These tend to be labeled 'positional' players. But even in the games of so-called 'attacking' play ...[text shortened]... sitional' play - coordinating one's forces to strike at the weak points in the enemy K position.
I just don't think there is anything as a positional player or a tactical player, sure there are styles of play, but a game is never really truly either positional or tactical for their exists a symbiotic relationship between position and tactics. One can think of a player like Tigran Petrosian, who is generally considered a positional player, yet his games contain some truly beautiful tactics. This leads us to the conclusion that chess therefore is neither positional or tactical but something else, forceful i would suggest.