1. Joined
    02 Aug '11
    Moves
    18 Aug '11 19:151 edit
    So I am playing this game where I managed to royal fork my opponent early in the game because he was not paying attention.

Now since this happened, a week ago, he hasn't made any further moves. And I know he is still active, because he is moving in his other games.

I mean I really don't get this kind of behaviour...
    I am waiting for him to either move if he wants or resign. Is he expecting to gain something from that? except to frustrate people? By sitting on the game like that he does not let me play any new games, either.

Sometimes I dont understand people 🙂
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Aug '11 19:37
    Live and learn!

If I'm paying attention, I'll only play 1 day with a 3 or 7 day bank.
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '11
    Moves
    18 Aug '11 19:41
    Yeah I learnt my lesson all right.

Next time I am not going to demoralise him with a royal fork
  4. Joined
    21 Aug '03
    Moves
    18 Aug '11 21:46
    easy solution. resign, start another game.

or... get a subscription, then it becomes irrelevant :-)
  5. Subscriberroma45online
    st johnstone
    Moves
    18 Aug '11 21:46
    Originally posted by vzografos
    So I am playing this game where I managed to royal fork my opponent early in the game because he was not paying attention.

Now since this happened, a week ago, he hasn't made any further moves. And I know he is still active, because he is moving in his other games.

I am waiting for him to either mo ...[text shortened]... e that he does not let me play any new games, either.

get used to it, that is some saddos on here "tactics" they spout the usual garbage like "its not against the rules" or the pathetic "time is part of the game" best advice say nothing, then when you win send message "no chance of a re-match" and put him on ignore list. best advice dont play 3/7 games, try 1/0 or 1/3. make sure you win. 😀😀
  6. Joined
    07 Apr '10
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 03:48
    some people like to batch their losses for ratings reasons. Nothing you can do. Always click skulls.
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 05:20

I am waiting for him to either mo ...[text shortened]... e that he does not let me play any new games, either.

Sometimes I dont understand why people dont pay to join.
  8. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 05:36

I don't know why people start a thread whining about an opponent moving slow once they have a tough position. Get over it, it's called CC, Correspondence Chess. It's supposed to be played slow. Get a life you royal forker. 😛
  9. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 08:26

Whatever their reasons, that kind of play is within the rules. But don't worry about it, time will go by faster than you think. You will eventually get the pleasure of the win. Make sure to claim the skull if you see one.

He should just resign. It does seem a waste of time.

Also, in general, to help with game turnover, offer and agree to draws if agame is likely a draw. Further, subscribe if you have the money.
  10. gumtree
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 09:13
    And, if you haven't the spare cash, there are some sites that offer unlimited games for free. You have to put up with some very intrusive advertising and the atmosphere is often less amicable than RHP, but at least you can start more games when idiots play silly beggars. I'd rather be here for a modest fee.
  11. e4
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 11:451 edit
    The lad in question is moving, he is not sulking.

He has 7 games on the go and seems to be playing in groups of 3 and 4.
    That is why he was moving in some games and not yours.

(In some cases he spent no more than a minute on each game - no wonder
    he walked into a fork.)

I'm 100% sure I could not play a 10-20 to board simul against under 1600
    players spending a minute a move without blundering.
    This is en effect is what players are doing are doing on here hence the
    totally incredible blunders that one would not see OTB.

A loss of a Queen for a minor bit ion here does always guarantee a win.
    Infact he who has a won game under 1400 is in trouble. 🙂

In the OTB world grades get published once twice a year.
    Here the grades change with each game.
    Consider he might have looked at a few of your games and thinks
    you might soon win them thus putting up your grade making his eventual loss
    (if it happens) less severe on his grade.

Consider he might judge the loss of a Queen as a mere flesh wound.

Looking at few of his games he does play on till he is mated. Which he is
    perfectly entitled to do and may think allowing his opponent to mate him
    is the correct and polite way to conduct a game.

Please don't come here and pick fault with a fellow chess player just
    because you do not have the faith in your ability to win the game after winning
    a Queen and now want, nay insist, that your opponent resigns.

Why do people behave like that?
  12. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 12:09

From your own blurb

If I appear to play slow is not because I ignore you it is because I am either busy or the position requires considerable thinking and analysis. The more difficult the game the slower I play. But always within the limits.

Any reason why you feel this applies to you but cannot apply to your opponent?
  13. Joined
    02 Aug '11
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 13:02
    Originally posted by adramforall
    From your own blurb

[b]If I appear to play slow is not because I ignore you it is because I am either busy or the position requires considerable thinking and analysis. The more difficult the game the slower I play. But always within the limits.

Any reason why you feel this applies to you but cannot apply to your opponent?[/b]
    There is a difference between a difficult position, which I can understand and not complain about (since as you pointed out I also do and after all is normal) and a position which is forced and you can only make one or two moves. And more so, if these one or two moves don't make a huge difference in the long run.

I never said its a lost position to the answer of some people in this thread who jumped at the opportunity to make accusations. When they see the word "resign" it is like a red flag to a bull. I never have and never will ask anyone to resign. I even start to do that with draws now. But of course you missed that in my "blurb".

Somebody even suggested that I lack the confidence to win the game despite the fact that I took the queen. I dont even know how he got to that conclusion. Maybe he has a phd in psychoanalysis tucked under his keyboard. I suggest playing a few more games and writing a few less forum posts. Again, it is easy for some people to skim through my post and see "queen", "fork", "resign".... and say "He is demanding for the other person to resign because he forked the queen. Let's give him some patronising argument that a queen down does not constitute a win"

Anyhow, I simply suggested that the normal course of action to ANY position is you either PLAY or RESIGN. The position he was in (independent of any blunder or reason he got there in the first place) did, in my opinion, not warrant such a long thought process that it would require 7 days.

I have had experiences in the past that people will walk into a forced mate, play a few moves and just one move before the end let it time out. It is a behaviour pattern that I find strange.
  14. e4
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 14:061 edit
    You are moaning because after you won his Queen he had not moved in your game.
    (if you had looked past your games you would have seen he was not moving
    in a few all other games as well.)

Would you have still moaned if you had not win his Queen and he was taking
    time to consider his move?

You posted.

"By sitting on the game like that he does not let me play any new games."

This to me and other poster seemed to suggest you want to start a new game
    but cannot because your opponent won't resign or hurry up and get mated.

Then you add in your opinion such a postion did not warrent a 7 day thought.

Leave the lad alone, stop bulllying him in public. He can take as long as likes.

You agreed to the time controls when the game started. End of......

Time outs.
    They do have an adverse effect on the player.
    When offering and accepting challenges I (and others) a do look at the
    time out record. If it's high then I did not bother.

Raise a Site Idea that timeouts should carry with them an extra -10 rating points
    for the loser and the winner gets an extra +10 points.
    You will get quite a few backers on that one.

PS: If you think a "...game like that." has lost all interest then sac back
    your Queen for a minor bit. Have some fun.
  15. Joined
    02 Aug '11
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 14:331 edit

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree