1. Joined
    29 Apr '08
    Moves
    02 Jul '14 15:08
    For those of you that have not read the thread "Carpmaniac71 has left the building?" I would suggest you read this to better understand the reason for this thread.

Personally, my solution in dealing with dishonest players like TheBigKat is not to play them at all. I say starve him out. Just forfeit your games that come up with him immediately. Yes, he gets the win, but he does not get the satisfaction of an actual game and he does not get to further pad his highly inflated rating.

If you choose to play him, what are you accomplishing? The odds are heavily stacked against you winning, and all of that hard honest analysis you put into it is wasted against your computer assisted opponent. The "thrill" of testing your abilities against the highest rated player on this site is just not there when you realize you are not really playing a human anyway.

I choose not to play him in the Alekhine's 1850+ tournament. I just resigned with the message that I don't care to play cheaters. No, I have no chance to win that tournament now, but I didn't anyway with TheBigKat in it. We had some long heated back and forth messages after that but he was only interested in name calling so I would not have called this even a discussion. He did say that he did not have a problem with players using search engines on this site. I think that says it all.

Now I'm not saying that TheBigKat is not a good chess player. In fact, I have no idea; however, a chess engine can make a good player great.

I welcome of thoughts of the honest majority of players on this site (I realize that TheBigKat is not the only cheater on this site). Just using a search engine for a couple crucial moves in a game can provide an advantage and is dishonest.

I really enjoy this site. The administration used to police the site and ban people like TheBigKat, but they don't anymore. In fact, they don't even acknowledge requests to look at a player to determine if they are cheating; so this is my idea of policing this site. If enough members took this stance maybe he would leave, but even if he doesn't, he won't get his massive ego stroked. He needs us much more than we need him.

TheBigKat has gone silent on the thread "Carpmaniac71 has left the building?". Maybe he will show up here. If he does, pay attention to what he actually says. Calling myself and others names and mocking his accusers is his only defense so far. Don't be fooled by it.
  2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    02 Jul '14 15:40
    Originally posted by cardinalal
    He did say that he did not have a problem with players using search engines on this site. I think that says it all.
    Huh? 😕
  3. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    02 Jul '14 16:52
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Huh? 😕
    Google using scum
  4. SubscriberTheBigKat
    Editor
    Moves
    02 Jul '14 19:25
    For those of you that have not read the thread "Carpmaniac71 has left the building?" I would suggest you read this to better understand the reason for this thread.

Personally, my solution in dealing with dishonest players like TheBigKat is not to play them at all. I say starve him out. Just forfeit your games that come up with him immediately. Yes, ...[text shortened]... lf and others names and mocking his accusers is his only defense so far. Don't be fooled by it.
    Cardinalal your hurting my feelings.:'(
  5. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    02 Jul '14 21:08
    Originally posted by TheBigKat
    No computer assistance used here. For goodness sake man. Use a grammar checker before posting.
  6. Joined
    15 Aug '12
    Moves
    02 Jul '14 21:331 edit
    Originally posted by thaughbaer
    No computer assistance used here. For goodness sake man. Use a grammar checker before posting.
    He should change his self proclaimed title too-he's not a very good editor either apparently...
  7. SubscriberTheBigKat
    Editor
    Moves
    02 Jul '14 21:46
    Cardinalal you’re hurting my feelings.
  8. Joined
    15 Aug '12
    Moves
    02 Jul '14 21:52
    Cardinalal you’re hurting my feelings.
    You still need a comma-

"Cardinalal, you're hurting my feelings."

You are directly addressing him and in English you need a comma after the name of the one being spoken to.
  9. Joined
    22 Feb '10
    Moves
    02 Jul '14 22:42
    "...in English you need a comma after the name of the one being spoken to."

In English, you cannot end a sentence with a preposition.

Sorry, couldn't resist. 😛
  10. Joined
    15 Aug '12
    Moves
    02 Jul '14 22:554 edits
    Originally posted by jertamev
    "...in English you need a comma after the name of the one being spoken to."

In English, you cannot end a sentence with a preposition.

Sorry, couldn't resist. 😛
    Actually, you are only moderately correct. Ending many proper passive English sentences requires ending with a preposition. Every textbook I've read says you cannot end with a preposition. Yet, there are many times where reorganizing the sentence without the ending preposition is more awkward. I think we can all agree to that. Oxford Dictionaries states that a passive English sentence is one exception to the rule you stated. Being a man of science, I know that almost every scientific law/rule has an exception. The same can be said for many rules/laws in every field of study. After all, isn't it the exceptions that establish the rule?

Quote: "There’s no necessity to ban prepositions from the end of sentences. Ending a sentence with a preposition is a perfectly natural part of the structure of modern English."

My sentence would be just one example. But it was well spotted. I was actually waiting for someone to bring that up. 🙂

Edit: Source of quotation, http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/words/ending-sentences-with-prepositions

Edit again: If I kept your rule 100% then it will be a the sort of English up with which I will not put....

How about I just end with the prepositions and say, 'It will be a sort of English with which I will not put up with." 😀
  11. Joined
    07 Jun '14
    Moves
    02 Jul '14 23:091 edit

Personally, my solution in dealing with dishonest players like TheBigKat is not to play them at all. I say starve him out. Just forfeit your games that come up with him immediately. Yes, ...[text shortened]... lf and others names and mocking his accusers is his only defense so far. Don't be fooled by it.
    If he does cheat, why is he not banned like they do at chess.com?

Either the site doesn't ban or he doesn't cheat. Which one is it?

And how can you really know if someone cheats anyways???
  12. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    03 Jul '14 01:38
    Speaking for myself, I enjoyed the opportunity to play TBK. He was most gracious and gentlemanly during our games.
  13. Joined
    01 Apr '06
    Moves
    03 Jul '14 01:46
    It is definitely unfortunate that the player who leads this site has earned such a terrible reputation. Since this player refuses to respond directly to the challenges and questions put to him, I too must join in the boycott called for in this thread. I really hope this player can say or do something to make me change my mind.
  14. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Jul '14 01:49
    If "TheBigKat" is cheating, why do they let him in tournaments to begin with?
  15. Joined
    29 Apr '08
    Moves
    03 Jul '14 02:49
    Originally posted by Alsatian
    If he does cheat, why is he not banned like they do at chess.com?

Either the site doesn't ban or he doesn't cheat. Which one is it?

And how can you really know if someone cheats anyways???
    As I said before, redhotpawn is no longer policing it's own site . . . at least not for cheaters. So in a nutshell they don't ban. As far as how can you tell someone is cheating, I refer you back to the info provided in the previous thread carpmaniac71 has left the building?. There have been at least one more thread that I know of insinuating that he is indeed cheating by analyzing his moves with search engines. Yes, a very good player can come up with moves picked by Houdini or Fritz etc., but will he come up with a greater % of computer moves than the top players of the world! as TheBigKat has? Not to mention that he is playing multiple games at he same time while finding all of these moves!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree