Why Is This NOT An Automatic Draw?

Why Is This NOT An Automatic Draw?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Enforcer

Sydney

Moves
02 Aug 06

Game 2297373

Only 2 kings left on the board, but my opponent had to offer me a draw to end the game?

Why?

Have I missed an obscure chess rule, or is this a system error?

hrhpablo!

a

Moves
02 Aug 06
1 edit

Originally posted by hrhpablo
Game 2297373

Only 2 kings left on the board, but my opponent had to offer me a draw to end the game?

Why?

hrhpablo!
at RHP you have to claim the draw it is one of the options on the right side of the board. (this includes 3 time repetition)

E3

Moves
02 Aug 06

Game 2297373

Why?

hrhpablo!
The actual relevant Law is given below.

From the FIDE Laws of Chess : -
http://fide.com/official/handbook.asp?level=EE101

5.2 b The game is drawn when a position has arisen in which neither player can checkmate the opponent`s king with any series of legal moves. The game is said to end in a `dead position`. This immediately ends the game, provided that the move producing the position was legal.

So the game: hrhpablo v fleshcrafter was an automatic draw after White's 48th move.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
02 Aug 06

Game 2297373

Why?

hrhpablo!
If you think that's bad, just wait until you lose on time when your opponent doesn't have mating material.

IFI

Moves
02 Aug 06

Then can't your opponent just do the king dance and annoy you by declining draw offers?

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
02 Aug 06

Originally posted by I Falco I
Then can't your opponent just do the king dance and annoy you by declining draw offers?
Claim draw.