Moves
    26 Mar '07 13:55
  2. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    26 Mar '07 13:59
    Originally posted by crnac
    But they do don't they? And quite often too...
    😕
  3. Joined
    24 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 Mar '07 14:05
    yes, but what is the reason for having man and women champion on chess olimpics
  4. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    26 Mar '07 14:10
    yes, but what is the reason for having man and women champion on chess olimpics
    Once i read that a female GM, I don't remember if it was full GM title, said that she was constantly being asked why she had 100 men chess players than her, but never why she was better than 100000 men out there. She has a very good point. Many of the high level players are men but I think that in a very near future things are going to get much closer in terms of numbers. Cause for me that's the only real difference.
  5. Joined
    24 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 Mar '07 14:16
    I asked this because I think that in chess there should not be difference- it is a game of brain, no muscle...
  6. Standard memberRedmike
    Godless Commie
    Glasgow
    Moves
    26 Mar '07 14:20
    I think the point is to encourage women to play.
  7. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    26 Mar '07 14:21
    I asked this because I think that in chess there should not be difference- it is a game of brain, no muscle...
    And i think you're right too.
    I don't know this for sure but I think that we have more men playing in a higher level than women. And if we are count how many men and women there are in the top 50, 100, 1000, I'm guessing we'll have more men than women. I don't see that as indicating that men are better at chess, but at an indication that we have more men at higher level chess.
    And that goes for other intelectual activities too. It's just a question of tradition than anything else.
  8. Joined
    24 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 Mar '07 14:27
    tradition... ok. but, correct me if I am wrong. ther is a title for men and women champion. And I want to know why they are not playing in the same competition.
  9. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    26 Mar '07 14:29
    tradition... ok. but, correct me if I am wrong. ther is a title for men and women champion. And I want to know why they are not playing in the same competition.
    I wouldn't know that.
  10. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    26 Mar '07 14:37
    They do. Judith Polgar was in the world championship round robin torunament.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree