1. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    10 Nov '10 22:08
    Game 7826826

This game was a David V Goliath challenge by our drdon (playing the part of David) again my2sons the leader of Metallica (playing the part of Goliath).

After the game was finished, won by our very own Goliath destroyer, our clan leader widget asked why the resignation so early?

The answer given was

Originally posted by my2sons
    you being an 1100 rated player, I'm not suprised you can't see that my position is hopeless.

Can any better rated players explain why this is the case?
  2. Joined
    05 Nov '08
    Moves
    10 Nov '10 22:58
    no, he's just being arsey...
  3. c6
    Moves
    10 Nov '10 23:17
    My gut tells me that position is undecided. Crafty confirms it. (+0.07)

I suspect there's some 'real life' reason White resigned.
  4. Subscribermy2sons
    Retired
    Missouri
    Moves
    10 Nov '10 23:35
    Originally posted by EinZweiDrei
    My gut tells me that position is undecided. Crafty confirms it. (+0.07)

I suspect there's some 'real life' reason White resigned.
    there was and I reported it using the "fair play ticket" option provided by RHP
  5. Standard memberdrdon
    His Mateship
    Glowing in the dark
    Moves
    11 Nov '10 00:051 edit
    there was and I reported it using the "fair play ticket" option provided by RHP
    Reported it on what grounds?? Spell it out if you have the intestinal fortitude Which I now seriously doubt
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Nov '10 10:37
    position is practically even i think!
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    11 Nov '10 10:45
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    position is practically even i think!
    He's sandbagging Rob.

He resigned two games against me and another player in the final round of a club tournament, he was winning in one of the games against me. Three hours later he starts a few clan games against players with his lower rating.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Nov '10 10:57
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    He's sandbagging Rob.

He resigned two games against me and another player in the final round of a club tournament, he was winning in one of the games against me. Three hours later he starts a few clan games against players with his lower rating.
    and to think that I trusted him Noobster my friend! shame on Metallica, i thought they were my friends! They told me Amsterdam were the real culprits, had more sand than Sandy the sand merchant who lives near Sandringham with his wife Sandra! The problem is, they are all at it, Amsterdam and the IVV!
  9. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    11 Nov '10 11:16
    and to think that I trusted him Noobster my friend! shame on Metallica, i thought they were my friends! They told me Amsterdam were the real culprits, had more sand than Sandy the sand merchant who lives near Sandringham with his wife Sandra! The problem is, they are all at it, Amsterdam and the IVV!
    He drops his rating from mid 1800's to mid 1700's by resigining in 6 games in a few hours. Some of which though were valid. He then starts 6 or 7 new clan games with his 'new' rating against players ranked mid 1700 or lower.

I don'treally care about the petty clan drivel, but this is blatant sandbagging.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Nov '10 12:35
    its a snake pit Proper me ol son, a snake pit of vipers! who ever outdoes the other in acts of deviousness takes the honours!
  11. Subscribermy2sons
    Retired
    Missouri
    Moves
    11 Nov '10 15:36
    its a snake pit Proper me ol son, a snake pit of vipers! who ever outdoes the other in acts of deviousness takes the honours!
    This is a load of crap and a smear campaign.

Here are four of the games I recently resigned.

Game 7831054
    Game 7831055
    Game 7657303
    Game 7826712

You so called experts please tell me why I shouldn't have resigned these games!
    So my rating went down all at once, guess that has never happened to anyone else on this site. Since I resigned these games, I won one and drew another. Not exactly the sign of a sandbagger.

Some people on these site definitely need to get a life.
  12. Subscriberjankrb
    Conductor
    Zwolle
    Moves
    11 Nov '10 15:55
    Totally agree!!
  13. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    11 Nov '10 16:05

Game 7831054
    Game 7831055
    Game 7657303
    Game 7826712

So my rating went down all at once, guess that has never happened to anyone else on this site. Si ...[text shortened]... t exactly the sign of a sandbagger.

It's not a smear campaign, stop being so dramatic. Goodness grief.

I make the last game a draw. And i would hardly call being a rook down against me as lost.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Nov '10 17:09

Game 7831054
    Game 7831055
    Game 7657303
    Game 7826712

So my rating went down all at once, guess that has never happened to anyone else on this site. Si ...[text shortened]... t exactly the sign of a sandbagger.

my dear my2sons, this was not a personal attack on you, but my evaluation of some of the top clans as a whole. Please do not take it personally, it was never intended to be so. I apologise if you have been offended by it, but i think you shall agree, similar language has been used by your very self to describe the clans system and some of the shenanigans which go on there 🙂
  15. Subscribermy2sons
    Retired
    Missouri
    Moves
    11 Nov '10 17:18
    my dear my2sons, this was not a personal attack on you, but my evaluation of some of the top clans as a whole. Please do not take it personally, it was never intended to be so. I apologise if you have been offended by it, but i think you shall agree, similar language has been used by your very self to describe the clans system and some of the shenanigans which go on there 🙂
    no hard feelings, time to play chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree