1. Standard memberThabtos
    I am become Death
    Moves
    08 Jul '10 01:04
    Who cares about Magnus Carlsen anyway? The man has only one look, for Christ's sake! Blue Steel? Ferrari? Le Tigra? They're the same face! Doesn't anybody notice this?
  2. Joined
    16 Oct '09
    Moves
    08 Jul '10 19:10
    Originally posted by Thabtos
    Who cares about Magnus Carlsen anyway? The man has only one look, for Christ's sake! Blue Steel? Ferrari? Le Tigra? They're the same face! Doesn't anybody notice this?
    he's working hard on Magnum though! wait for it.
  3. Joined
    04 May '05
    Moves
    14 Jul '10 11:46
    Although Carlsen is no.1 on the Fide list, I would like to see him take two “post-Kasparov” records from Topalov:

1) Carlsen is currently leading on the rating list with 26 points, while Topalov had a 34 point lead in 2006.

2) Carlsen has been rated as No.1 for for about 2/3 of a year. He has to be rated no.1 on at least 12 more Fide list to surpase Topalov with his overall 2,5 reign as the highest rated player.

p
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Jul '10 15:27
    Originally posted by pulern
    Although Carlsen is no.1 on the Fide list, I would like to see him take two “post-Kasparov” records from Topalov:

1) Carlsen is currently leading on the rating list with 26 points, while Topalov had a 34 point lead in 2006.

2) Carlsen has been rated as No.1 for for about 2/3 of a year. He has to be rated no.1 on at least 12 more Fide list to surpase Topalov with his overall 2,5 reign as the highest rated player.

p
    Post Kas I assume you mean. If Carlsen needs to go after a record it would be that 2850 or so of Kas.
  5. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    14 Jul '10 16:34
    Originally posted by pulern

p
    Topalov ducked serious competition for vaste patches during that reign. He was first preparing for Kramnik then Anand after. Carlsen was far more active, though i would imagine he will now limit himself to Super GM cat 21+ tournies as his rating will suffer playing so many patzers(!) (giggle)...
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Jul '10 12:13
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    Topalov ducked serious competition for vaste patches during that reign. He was first preparing for Kramnik then Anand after. Carlsen was far more active, though i would imagine he will now limit himself to Super GM cat 21+ tournies as his rating will suffer playing so many patzers(!) (giggle)...
    Yeah, those mere 2700 players, what do they know?🙂
  7. Joined
    26 Jul '09
    Moves
    16 Jul '10 17:16
    Agree.
    The ratings now are very much inflated.
    Remember: The numbers (ratings) are only a statistical masure.
    A number is NOT a measure of the quality.
    You can't say a game is a "2600"-game.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree