1. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 May '14 09:032 edits
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    1800 does not equal 'good at endgames'.
    a 1200 rated player even less. 😀 Anyhow, let us not feed trolls, they are so banal. Here is another endgame I have a slight material advantage and accepted a draw, is this winnable or not?

2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    29 May '14 09:11
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    a 1200 rated player even less. 😀 Anyhow, let us not feed trolls, they are so banal. Here is another endgame I have a slight material advantage and accepted a draw, is this winnable or not?

[fen]8/1p6/p3k3/4Pp2/2P2PpB/1P1K2P1/8/6b1 w - - 7 45[/fen]

[pgn][Event "Clan challenge"] [Site "http://www.timeforchess.com"] [Date "2014.04.22"] [EndDate ...[text shortened]... 6 g4 40. Ke3d4 hxg3 41. hxg3 Be7b4 42. Bb6d8 Bb4e1 43. Bd8h4 Be1f2 44. Kd4d3 Bf2g1 1/2-1/2[/pgn]
    One idea is Ke2 to watch f2, then bring your own B to f2. That shores up the g3 pawn. Trick is to do it without letting bK in on the Queenside.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 May '14 09:14
    One idea is Ke2 to watch f2, then bring your own B to f2. That shores up the g3 pawn. Trick is to do it without letting bK in on the Queenside.
    yes this was my mistake, Kd4 i think was just a bad move, yet at the time it seemed so natural. I had the idea of blockading the pawns and getting my King to b6 but it gave my opponent time to organize a defense. I had seen the idea that he had formed but could not find a way to prevent it and carry out my idea at the same time.
  4. Joined
    10 Apr '14
    Moves
    30 May '14 22:37
    1800 does not equal 'good at endgames'.
    Lol. Nice strawman... I never said that. This is a very basic ending we are talking about.
  5. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    01 Jun '14 01:21
    Originally posted by iChopWoodForFree
    Lol. Nice strawman... I never said that. This is a very basic ending we are talking about.
    Yes, you are one of those people whose words never imply even the most obvious of things, except when you want them to. 🙄
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jun '14 03:091 edit
    Yes, you are one of those people whose words [b]never imply even the most obvious of things, except when you want them to. 🙄[/b]
    yeah someone that actually believes their own propaganda! 😵
  7. Joined
    10 Apr '14
    Moves
    05 Jun '14 09:39
    Yes, you are one of those people whose words [b]never imply even the most obvious of things, except when you want them to. 🙄[/b]
    Wow. Being 'good at endgames' does not equate to knowing one basic endgame principle.... Once again, nice strawman.
  8. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    05 Jun '14 15:26
    Wow. Being 'good at endgames' does not equate to knowing one basic endgame principle.... Once again, nice strawman.
    Do you ever just have a conversation, or are you always in 'debate club' in your mind?
  9. Joined
    10 Apr '14
    Moves
    05 Jun '14 20:33
    Do you ever just have a conversation, or are you always in 'debate club' in your mind?
    Stop trying to credit me with thoughts that I never had and words that I never typed and I will stop debating with you.
  10. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    05 Jun '14 21:42
    Stop trying to credit me with thoughts that I never had and words that I never typed and I will stop debating with you.
    I have a better idea. I will continue saying what I want. Once I get tired of dealing with you, I will simply block your posts.
  11. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    05 Jun '14 22:00
    You most certainly implied it by referring to his rating and to the position.

A "very basic ending" does not mean that someone over a certain rating number should automatically know it. You were simply proceeding from an assumption that could be true, but is not automatically true, and others are not prepared to accept that assumption.

You are apparently surprised that he did not know this particular piece of endgame knowledge, based on his rating. Others are not, given what they know of players and ratings. I think that sums it up.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree