1. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    05 Feb '08 02:57
    Originally posted by Paladin57
    I want to thank all of you for your comments and insight. Our game started today with Pete making his first move and already his other cousin wants to join in on the fun.

I thought of possibly suggesting a move here or there for him but have decided I dont want to do that for him. Rather, I want him to find/learn them himself...that is not to say after ...[text shortened]... or some time and now, distance will not be an issue. Take care, good luck in all your games 🙂
    How good are you at chess?(we don't know as you still have a provisional rating) You could set him up with some of the willing stronger players on this site in addition to teaching him yourself.

P.S. A good site for him would be

http://chess.emrald.net/
  2. home
    Moves
    05 Feb '08 18:56
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    "3(b) While a game is in progress you may not refer to chess engines, chess computers or be assisted by a third party. Endgame tablebases may not be consulted during play but you may reference books, databases consisting of previously played games between human players, and other pre-existing research materials."

The advice wouldn't come from a third party, so I can't see how it would be against the terms of service.
    I agree with you. I was wrong in my previous statement.
  3. back in business
    Moves
    05 Feb '08 19:20
    Any one of you is welcome to have your teeth knocked out in the blitz room. You will be left with 2 teeth to nibble at carrots. 🙂
  4. washington
    Moves
    06 Feb '08 00:42
    Honestly I doubt that you'd get booted for that. Nobody ever gets booted without complaints.
  5. London
    Moves
    06 Feb '08 00:591 edit
    Some useful info here:

http://chesskids.com/
  6. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '08 03:111 edit
    Originally posted by kmac27
    Honestly I doubt that you'd get booted for that. Nobody ever gets booted without complaints.
    Hey there! 🙂 how about a game? My rating has surpassed yours 😛

EDIT: but the fall should come soon 😞

but after the fall I usually surpass my previous high...so who knows 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree