Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. 15 Nov '05 01:22
    I'm still looking 4 the best moves to start a game...wut kind of attacking style..anyone...??
    I always refer www.chessgames.com to learn a new style of attacking as white....but, I just don't have a clue... coz of this, I frequently lost in a game:'(
  2. Standard member Otis
    Lucky Patzer
    15 Nov '05 01:26
    openings don't win games
  3. 15 Nov '05 01:30
    Originally posted by Otis
    openings don't win games
    Really ??!!! I thought it's important...maybe if I make the wrong starting moves it'll enable my opponent to gimme a checkmate in a short moves..
  4. Standard member Otis
    Lucky Patzer
    15 Nov '05 01:34
    I never said they couldn't lose games
  5. Standard member zakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    15 Nov '05 01:40
    Originally posted by eyeknee
    I'm still looking 4 the best moves to start a game
    As white,
    1. f3
    2. g4
  6. Donation !~TONY~!
    1...c5!
    15 Nov '05 01:57
    Originally posted by zakkwylder
    As white,
    1. f3
    2. g4
    lol. I can't read any posts you're in because your avatar is too distracting.
  7. Standard member wormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    15 Nov '05 02:08
    I had a quick look at some of your games. the worst problem is not your opening (which is bad) but your bad bad board vision. you lose a lot for dropping pieces. you should train tactics, a lot!

it doesn't matter how you open if you keep giving pieces away for free.
  8. 15 Nov '05 02:35
    Originally posted by wormwood
    I had a quick look at some of your games. the worst problem is not your opening (which is bad) but your bad bad board vision. you lose a lot for dropping pieces. you should train tactics, [b]a lot!

it doesn't matter how you open if you keep giving pieces away for free.[/b]
    wut's wrong with my board vision...??? Hope u can explain that..
    1 more thing, I agree with u in "giving up for free" ...I know, in most of my games I 've made a wrong moves which required me to sacrifice the others...I really need to learn more tactics... thx ..!!
  9. Standard member Wulebgr
    Angler
    15 Nov '05 02:37
    I'm still looking 4 the best moves to start a game...wut kind of attacking style..anyone...??
    I always refer www.chessgames.com to learn a new style of attacking as white....but, I just don't have a clue... coz of this, I frequently lost in a game:'(
    1. f3 2.Kf2
  10. Standard member zakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    15 Nov '05 15:36
    Originally posted by !~TONY~!
    lol. I can't read any posts you're in because your avatar is too distracting.
    Yet you still laughed at it. All the same, is this one better?
  11. Standard member Trains44
    Full speed locomotiv
    15 Nov '05 16:54
    Originally posted by Otis
    openings don't win games
    Very good Mr. Otis. But sometimes endgames dont even win games.
  12. 15 Nov '05 17:00
    e4 Rf6 e5 d6 exf6!!

forced win.
  13. Standard member wormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    16 Nov '05 00:04
    wut's wrong with my board vision...??? Hope u can explain that..
    tactics pretty much equals board vision. you give pieces away for free because you can't see the threat in time, or at all. like voluntarily moving your queen (if I remember correctly from one of your games) to be taken with a knight.

we all do it occasionally. not doing it at all will get you very very far, regardless of your opening.

chess tactics server is a good site to train tactics. do it every day, and you'll slowly get better.
    http://chess.emrald.net/index.php
  14. Standard member Bowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    16 Nov '05 01:05
    If it's in a tournament hall, try a spot of break-dancing just before you sit down.