1. Fågelsången
    Moves
    23 Oct '07 06:34
    Agreed, a few USD/month is not THAT much but it is almost a chessbook.

Any first hand experience from the above mentioned site?
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    23 Oct '07 08:08
    Originally posted by sydsad
    Agreed, a few USD/month is not THAT much but it is almost a chessbook.

Any first hand experience from the above mentioned site?
    I followed a chesslecture.com line in the Najdorf, and it finished with the comment "Black's pieces are better coordinated, and he should have the better game from here." After my opponent's very next move, I was goosed.

Some of the positional/tactical vids are good.

D
  3. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    23 Oct '07 08:141 edit
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    I followed a chesslecture.com line in the Najdorf, and it finished with the comment "Black's pieces are better coordinated, and he should have the better game from here." After my opponent's very next move, I was goosed.

Some of the positional/tactical vids are good.

D
    DO you subscribe? I have just emailed them to see what their rates are for chess clubs, thinking that if it's cheaper (per person) I may suggest that our club subscribes.

I may just subscribe for a month anyway as it's only about £6.50 a month, if you just pick up one good tip a week that has to be value. If it isn't any good I will just cancel my membership.
  4. Fågelsången
    Moves
    23 Oct '07 09:04
    Thank you for the feedback!

I like the idea of "Coffee Break Length Videos". As a father of two lovely girls you have a hard time to squeeze out time for chess studies.
  5. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    23 Oct '07 09:08
    Thank you for the feedback!

I like the idea of "Coffee Break Length Videos". As a father of two lovely girls you have a hard time to squeeze out time for chess studies.
    It looks like quite a good site, I find chess books heavy work so haven't really read any. But I think videos might just be the answer for me.
  6. Fågelsången
    Moves
    23 Oct '07 09:10
    I tend to agree! Please, share your impressions after watching a handfull of videos.
  7. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    23 Oct '07 09:23
    I tend to agree! Please, share your impressions after watching a handfull of videos.
    I will let you know how I find it. I am waiting hopefully for some feedback from someone that does (or used to) subscribe, but if nothing is forthcoming I will subscribe anyway. My view is even if it's not that good at £6.50 for the first month if I learn just 7 new tips it still represents good value.
  8. Standard membermipmcpt
    manchester clan
    manchester
    Moves
    23 Oct '07 10:50
    I like the site,only problem for me is getting time to watch the vidoes!!
  9. Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    23 Oct '07 10:53
    is it possible to subscribe only for a month and download/see all the videos?
  10. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    23 Oct '07 11:10
    Originally posted by vipiu
    is it possible to subscribe only for a month and download/see all the videos?
    No unfortunately they are not downloadable, especially to someone like me that hasn't the knowhow to find a loophole in their system. On their site they specifically state that they are NOT downloadable. Did I see on another thread you work in the computing field? maybe you could find a way around that, but I don't have the knowhow.
  11. Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    23 Oct '07 11:31
    Originally posted by stevetodd
    No unfortunately they are not downloadable, especially to someone like me that hasn't the knowhow to find a loophole in their system. On their site they specifically state that they are NOT downloadable. Did I see on another thread you work in the computing field? maybe you could find a way around that, but I don't have the knowhow.
    when you see an online video it is automated downloaded(in the same time or if the connection is good before seeing) in some temporary internet folder with some name...you can easily identify where it is exactly...(probably somewhere in temporary internet files)

ok, I have just checked their site...the free videos...it looks like it is a streaming style...like listening to a radio...for this(as the temporary file is not created) there are other solutions, like using camtasia or any other software used for screen+sound recording...anyway, this would be a bit difficult to use...and taking time(as much as watching every one of them), but if you want to review it later on or share them it might be a solution...
  12. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    23 Oct '07 11:57
    Originally posted by vipiu
    when you see an online video it is automated downloaded(in the same time or if the connection is good before seeing) in some temporary internet folder with some name...you can easily identify where it is exactly...(probably somewhere in temporary internet files)

ok, I have just checked their site...the free videos...it looks like it is a streaming style...l ...[text shortened]... very one of them), but if you want to review it later on or share them it might be a solution...
    Yes I will review it later, I would have subscribed already but I am waiting for an answer from them regarding a chess club subscription. I think I need something like this as I have absolutely no chess training whatsoever so there are many gaps in my kowledge.
  13. Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    23 Oct '07 12:04
    I like their videos(I already saw something like 20-30 in the past months) even I have never went on their site before...
    their are usually shorter and easier compared to chessbase ones...and more on entertainment side...you will enjoy them more...especially general chess videos...

On the other side...if you want many details about a specific opening you want to play, the chessbase lectures are better as they are deeper...more details (of course, much longer and more boring)
  14. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    10 Dec '07 21:261 edit
    I subscribed today, if anyone wants to know what the videos are like ask in me in about a week after I have seen quite a few. First impression is that they are useful, but do not provide a comprehensive study, however they do raise interesting concepts and ideas that can lead me to areas of potential improvement with more work, after being given a clue as to the direction that I need to study/consider.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree