1. Joined
    02 Jul '08
    Moves
    08 Jul '08 18:01
    Maybe this is totally normal, and maybe it's been mentioned before, but redhotpawn.com is almost exactly the same site as timeforchess.com as far as I can see??
    Are there other site names which also replicate what we have on redhotpawn??
  2. Joined
    29 May '08
    Moves
    08 Jul '08 18:07
    It is rehotpawn.

Read FAQ
  3. Joined
    02 Jul '08
    Moves
    08 Jul '08 18:12
    Cheers-will do 🙂
  4. e4
    Moves
    08 Jul '08 18:18
    I never knew that either.

I never read FAQ's You should have SAQ

(seldom asked questions).

The Work Site would be handy if you could make it look
    more like an Excel Spreadsheet.
  5. Joined
    19 Feb '02
    Moves
    08 Jul '08 18:34
    Originally posted by greenpawn34

No, the questions are asked frequently, I can assure you. But it are the answer that are read seldomly, so maybe SRA (seldomly read answers) should be a better name.
  6. Joined
    29 May '08
    Moves
    08 Jul '08 18:36
    Originally posted by greenpawn34

How about a Boss Button? Press it and it displays an Excel Spreadsheet you upload...
  7. Joined
    17 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jul '08 19:09
    What kind of job looks at spreadsheets all day?

Sounds like a job not worth having.
  8. Joined
    13 Feb '07
    Moves
    08 Jul '08 21:22
    Originally posted by moteutsch
    How about a Boss Button? Press it and it displays an Excel Spreadsheet you upload...
    Genius, pure genius.
  9. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    08 Jul '08 21:46
    Originally posted by Gortron
    Genius, pure genius.
    Some of the early PC games actually had boss hot keys (or buttons, whatever you want to call it). 😏
  10. Joined
    13 Feb '07
    Moves
    08 Jul '08 22:06
    Originally posted by Mad Rook
    Some of the early PC games actually had boss hot keys (or buttons, whatever you want to call it). 😏
    Genius, pure genius.
  11. Columbus, Ohio
    Moves
    08 Jul '08 22:43
    Originally posted by Gortron
    Genius, pure genius.
    Not really. The original Leisure Suit Larry games had the boss key feature, but once you actually pressed it you'd be unable to return to your game. Ken Williams' twisted sense of humor, don't you know.

As for me, I always wanted to write a simple applet that would display a running progress bar on your screen, with whatever text accompaniment you care to show. As we all know, nobody bothers you when you're waiting on a progress bar.
  12. Joined
    13 Feb '07
    Moves
    08 Jul '08 22:51
    Originally posted by hphovercraft
    Not really. The original Leisure Suit Larry games had the boss key feature, but once you actually pressed it you'd be unable to return to your game. Ken Williams' twisted sense of humor, don't you know.

As for me, I always wanted to write a simple applet that would display a running progress bar on your screen, with whatever text accompaniment you care to show. As we all know, nobody bothers you when you're waiting on a progress bar.
    I was only joking the second time. If someone walks in on me playing chess or surfing the net at work I just claim I am taking a "break". It's not really lying.
  13. Joined
    21 May '07
    Moves
    09 Jul '08 01:20
    Regarding the OP, there are a fair number of sites that are essentially rebranded front ends to Red Hot Pawn and they are all listed in the FAQ (or SRA if you prefer). I use www.playtheimmortalgame.com because I find the blue color scheme easy to read, especially combined with the Storm Clouds board setting.

As for playing chess at work, I am a programmer and so have the classic "my code is compiling" excuse 🙂
    http://xkcd.com/303/
  14. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 18:441 edit
    Originally posted by Deece
    Regarding the OP, there are a fair number of sites that are essentially rebranded front ends to Red Hot Pawn and they are all listed in the FAQ (or SRA if you prefer).
    It's called "cyber-squatting" which is code for... I'll hold all these domain names and hope that someday someone offers me a lot of $$ for one or more of them.

Not that there's anything wrong with that... just good old fashioned capitalism.
  15. Joined
    29 May '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 18:47
    Originally posted by Deece
    Regarding the OP, there are a fair number of sites that are essentially rebranded front ends to Red Hot Pawn and they are all listed in the FAQ (or SRA if you prefer). I use www.playtheimmortalgame.com because I find the blue color scheme easy to read, especially combined with the Storm Clouds board setting.

As for playing chess at work, I am a programmer and so have the classic "my code is compiling" excuse 🙂
    http://xkcd.com/303/
    Aw!! Thats nto fair! I program in PHP and that's an interpreted language. No compiliing what-so-ever. 🙁

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree