1. Joined
    29 Jul '06
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 00:47
    Using databases is legal on rhp, but engine use is clearly not, but what if you prepare lines ahead of time with the aid of an engine and record them in your own custom database, then how does that work out? For example, you find a line for white in a Sicilian Dragon game that you like in a game from a database, but the result is 0-1, so you plug the game into fritz and let it analyze for alternatives and such. You play a game and this line comes up...are you prohibited from using that saved analysis?
  2. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 00:58
    post game analysis extends the database. it's not like you are going to cover every possibiility. Kramnik used computer preparation in his match against Leko's Marshall, and thought his novelty could do no worse than draw. over the board, Leko proved him wrong.
  3. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 00:58
    Originally posted by YUG0slav
    Using databases is legal on rhp, but engine use is clearly not, but what if you prepare lines ahead of time with the aid of an engine and record them in your own custom database, then how does that work out? For example, you find a line for white in a Sicilian Dragon game that you like in a game from a database, but the result is 0-1, so you plug the game i ...[text shortened]... ch. You play a game and this line comes up...are you prohibited from using that saved analysis?
    Game Mods have said in the past that this is allowed BUT it would not be a defense against their analysis to claim that this was the reason you matched an engine.
  4. Joined
    29 Jul '06
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 01:06
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Game Mods have said in the past that this is allowed BUT it would not be a defense against their analysis to claim that this was the reason you matched an engine.
    so how would you defend yourself if you'd played a game in which you spent several days going over such lines and...yea..
  5. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 01:44
    so how would you defend yourself if you'd played a game in which you spent several days going over such lines and...yea..
    You can't. Game Mods are looking for engine-like play. They can't tell if that engine-like play comes from previous analysis or engine use during the game. In fact, there is NO way to tell between those two.
  6. Joined
    29 Jul '06
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 02:541 edit
    That does concern me as I have been using Fritz and CM10 to find the best moves in common lines that my games tend to go into (by their opening) but have been worried about whether on not I can actually use these compilations in cc as they are engine selected moves.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 02:56
    That does concern me as I have been using Fritz and CM10 to find the best moves in common lines that my games tend to go into (by their opening) but have been worried about whether on not I can actually use these compilations in cc as they are engine selected moves.
    how do you get CM10 to analyze games i have played in like a tournament or any OTB game for that matter?
  8. Joined
    03 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 03:17
    Originally posted by rubberjaw30
    how do you get CM10 to analyze games i have played in like a tournament or any OTB game for that matter?
    I go into Training mode, start a new game of human vs human and manually enter all the moves I wrote down (tedious, which is why I prefer analyzing games I've played here on RHP; it's just copy and paste). After that I goto the Mentor tab and click Game analysis.
  9. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 07:48
    How many moves would be "engine selected" per game?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree