Your Thought on this game?

Your Thought on this game?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PP

Belfast

Moves
04 Feb 06

Game 1775346

This is a game I won with a King's Indian Attack. I was wondering what are your thoughts on it and any practical tips. In particular, do you think I opened up the game at the right time?

WW
Action barbie

Ka-koogy

Moves
04 Feb 06

Originally posted by Positional Player
Game 1775346

This is a game I won with a King's Indian Attack. I was wondering what are your thoughts on it and any practical tips. In particular, do you think I opened up the game at the right time?
Looks like you done quite well. But a few mistakes made by your pawn movement. In that game when you had pawns on e4/d5, your white bishop came bad. If he had played 17. fxe4 then your pawn would be permanantley on the white square, never able to free itself. Then your bishop would be permanantly bad and he would have an advantage.

Then you played d5 on move 19, same thing as before.

22. Nd4 seems even better since it also attacks c6 (forking rook+queen and also wins a win). He cant take it because of the rook pinning the pawn to the queen

24. Bxe4 works well too.

But it was played well by you. Is this your 1st KIA game?

PP

Belfast

Moves
04 Feb 06
2 edits

Originally posted by Wibble Wobble
Looks like you done quite well. But a few mistakes made by your pawn movement. In that game when you had pawns on e4/d5, your white bishop came bad. If he had played 17. fxe4 then your pawn would be permanantley on the white square, never able to free itself. Then your bishop would be permanantly bad and he would have an advantage.

Then you played d ...[text shortened]... een

24. Bxe4 works well too.

But it was played well by you. Is this your 1st KIA game?
Yea, 'tis.

I realised about Nd4 being a bit better after I moved, but I wasn't too worried. Pretty content to keep things simply and swap off for the win.

Edit: Do you mean 16...fxe4 ?

I would be happy enough with that and just put my queen on d3 following up with Nh4.

p

Moves
04 Feb 06

Also, you probably could have pinned the black bishop on move 32.

PP

Belfast

Moves
04 Feb 06

Originally posted by prosoccer
Yep, I missed that one until post-mortem.

y

Mumbai, India

Moves
05 Feb 06

Originally posted by prosoccer
How? By moving his rook to B1? If yes, black could have moved his rook to B7 and his bishop could have been saved. Am I missing something?

PP

Belfast

Moves
05 Feb 06

Originally posted by yashsr
How? By moving his rook to B1? If yes, black could have moved his rook to B7 and his bishop could have been saved. Am I missing something?
Yea, I can move both my bishops around to cover the entire file in one or two moves.

Footscrazy

Moves
06 Feb 06

Originally posted by yashsr
Rc2