1. Joined
    22 Oct '12
    Moves
    23 Oct '12 00:18
    Hey guys, just recently a few friends and I have started a Chess trend at our school; and, being the zombie slashing video game addicts that we are, have come up with a decent rule set for what we like to call "Infection Chess". Now, the rules are almost the same as normal Chess, but with some extras and changes. Here we Go:

1.)Color can be changed, but naturally Black pieces are Infected and White Pieces are Human.

2.)The Infected start only with A King and Queen. The King must start in it's original square, but the Queen can start at any square the controller chooses. The Humans start with all their original pieces.

3.)At the beginning of the game the Infected player may choose another piece to represent how the king moves. Ex: If the player chooses a Rook, the king may move like a rook. They are able to choose any piece besides a queen. This is to prevent premature checkmate.

4.)The king may be captured once while it has the ability of another piece, but then the ability is revoked and the king is moved back to his starting square; the king now acts as a normal king piece.

5.)The Infected Queen has the ability to "infect" other pieces. It captures them like normal, but instead of "going out" they are placed on the Infected side of the board in their original square.

6.)When the Infected Queen is captured by any other piece besides the Human's Queen, it simply returns to one space to the left of it's starting square, and if it is captured again, one space to the left of it's previous starting position; so on and so forth.

7.)The Human Queen has the same rules as the infected Queen, but instead of infecting, it "cures" the piece and returns it to the other side of the board.

8.)In the event that the Human Queen attacks the Infected Queen, the two abilities Cancel each other out and both Queens are permanently destroyed. The only way to get them back is if the pawn of each respective side makes it to the opposite side of the board. In this case the Queen will take the position of the pawn.

9.)The object of the game is still Checkmate. The only exception being the Infected King's first capture as previously mentioned.

Enjoy! Tell me what you think! Remember, this is a game for fun. Yes, there is still a lot of strategy involved, but you can't go into it without the intent of having fun. 🙂

Copyright © 2012 James Horton and Joe Halsell
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    23 Oct '12 00:52
    Originally posted by Valeness
    Hey guys, just recently a few friends and I have started a Chess trend at our school; and, being the zombie slashing video game addicts that we are, have come up with a decent rule set for what we like to call "Infection Chess". Now, the rules are almost the same as normal Chess, but with some extras and changes. Here we Go:

1.)Color can be changed, but ...[text shortened]... hout the intent of having fun. 🙂

That's a lot of rule changes.

Let's say black declared that his K will move like a Rook at the start of the game, and it hasn't yet been captured. Is this mate?

3. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    23 Oct '12 00:59

1.)Color can be changed, but ...[text shortened]... hout the intent of having fun. 🙂

😞
  4. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    23 Oct '12 01:20

Ok that gets a rec from me, like it. 🙂
  5. Joined
    22 Oct '12
    Moves
    23 Oct '12 01:29
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    That's a lot of rule changes.

Let's say black declared that his K will move like a Rook at the start of the game, and it hasn't yet been captured. Is this mate?

[fen]8/4B1N1/4K3/8/kp6/8/8/R6R[/fen]
    Ah, good question! No because black would take the first rook, and since the King can be captured once, it would be taken by the second rook, moving the king back to the starting position. And since the king now moves like a king, it could move diagonally out of check.

Also, forgive me, what is a rec? I don't understand. 🙂 But thank you!
  6. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    23 Oct '12 02:55
    Ah, good question! No because black would take the first rook, and since the King can be captured once, it would be taken by the second rook, moving the king back to the starting position. And since the king now moves like a king, it could move diagonally out of check.

Also, forgive me, what is a rec? I don't understand. 🙂 But thank you!
    But doesn't the white king move like a king and cover the d7 and f7 flights? 😵
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    23 Oct '12 05:45

And a more basic question - how does Infected (black) ever win when it's vastly outnumbered at the start? The capture-the-king-first thing is not enough compensation.
  8. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    23 Oct '12 08:101 edit

1.)Color can be changed, but hout the intent of having fun. 🙂

Hello and thank you for sharing.
    At this site there are no variants with other than classical pieces.

But try schemingmind for getting an online basis.

Cheers

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree