Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

  1. 18 Aug '05 22:40
    Has anyone out ever gotten 9 Queens in A single game? I have Agaist my computer. The computer was set to easy level 1 which plays at around 1000-1100 ratting. I admit that the computer made at least 10 mistakes in this game. I allso Admit That After I had 7 Queens That I got A bit slack And didnt worry About Auto Draw I was A where of posible draw but got lazy and made the computer take back my moves. I could have done it with out being lazy. but didnt care cos I allready proved my piont. I realise That this would not happen with a person becouse they would retire before they let it happen to them.... 6 months ago I didnt think it would be posible to get more than 5 even agaist a beginer. has any of you ever had a 9 Queen game...... ps I can prove it if you realy want me to.
  2. 18 Aug '05 23:29
    Play helden and don't lose any pawns. He never resigns.
  3. Subscriber BigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    18 Aug '05 23:30
    Originally posted by rhatss
    Has anyone out ever gotten 9 Queens in A single game? I have Agaist my computer. The computer was set to easy level 1 which plays at around 1000-1100 ratting. I admit that the computer made at least 10 mistakes in this game. I allso Admit That After I had 7 Queens That I got A bit slack And didnt worry About Auto Draw I was A where of posible draw but got laz ...[text shortened]... beginer. has any of you ever had a 9 Queen game...... ps I can prove it if you realy want me to.
    I pulled this feat off against some guy named Jeb who has a rating of -200 (the only negative rating in USCF history. Yes, I know you can't usually get a negative rating, but this guy sucks so bad, they awarded him an 'honorary' negative rating...)

    In fact, I'll bet no one has gotten 9 Queens faster than I did in that fateful game. It went something like:

    1.b4 a5 2.bxa5 Ra6 3.a4 Rh6 4.a6 d5 5.a7 Kd7 6.a5 Kc6 7.axb8=Q Kb5 8.a6 e5 9.a7 Ba3 10.a8=Q Ra6 11.c4+ Ka5 12.cxd5 Nf6 13.d6 Nd5 14.dxc7 Nb6 15.cxd8=Q Re8 16.d4 Re6 17.d5 Rh6 18.d6 Rh3 19.d7 Rb3 20.dxc8=Q Rb2 21.f4 Rb3 22.fxe5 Rb2 23.e6 Rb3 24.e7 Rb2 25.e8=Q Rb3 26.e4 Rb2 27.e5 Rb3 28.e6 Rb2 29.exf7 Rb3 30.f8=Q Rb2 31.g4 Rb4 32.g5 Rb2 33.g6 Rb3 34.gxh7 Rb2 35.h4 Rb3 36.h5 Rb2 37.h6 Rb3 38.hxg7 Rb2 39.g8=Q Rb3 40.h8=Q, Black resigns.

    (Jeb has two fears: fear of capturing an enemy piece, and fear of pawn rollers...)


    After 40.h8=Q
  4. Standard member jimmyb270
    Top Gun
    19 Aug '05 08:53
    Originally posted by rhatss
    Has anyone out ever gotten 9 Queens in A single game? I have Agaist my computer. The computer was set to easy level 1 which plays at around 1000-1100 ratting. I admit that the computer made at least 10 mistakes in this game. I allso Admit That After I had 7 Queens That I got A bit slack And didnt worry About Auto Draw I was A where of posible draw but got laz ...[text shortened]... beginer. has any of you ever had a 9 Queen game...... ps I can prove it if you realy want me to.
    I don't believe that your computer plays at 1100 level. My rating is only a little higher than that, and there is no way in hell you would get 9 queens out of me...
  5. 22 Aug '05 14:22
    Originally posted by jimmyb270
    I don't believe that your computer plays at 1100 level. My rating is only a little higher than that, and there is no way in hell you would get 9 queens out of me...
    becouse you would resign first. the game is called chess Genius classic. Look it up on google And get the free demo version. Thats All ive got. And 1000 -1100 is my Guess based on what my ratting is. And dont forget A computer wont give up. And I said that the computer made At least ten mistakes. Any way good luck with your free demo
  6. Subscriber BigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    22 Aug '05 16:06
    Originally posted by rhatss
    becouse you would resign first. the game is called chess Genius classic. Look it up on google And get the free demo version. Thats All ive got. And 1000 -1100 is my Guess based on what my ratting is. And dont forget A computer wont give up. And I said that the computer made At least ten mistakes. Any way good luck with your free demo
    I dunno about that...most 1100s still know how to trade pawns...
  7. 06 Sep '05 15:53
    innit