A Puzzle

A Puzzle

Posers and Puzzles

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d

Moves
13 Apr 05

Yes or No:

IF the puzzle you solved before you solved the puzzle you solved after you solved the puzzle you solved before you solved the puzzle you solved before you solved the puzzle you solved after you solved the puzzle you solved before you solved this one was more difficult than the puzzle you solved before you solved the puzzle you solved after you solved the puzzle you solved before you solved this one, THEN was the puzzle you solved after you solved the puzzle you solved before you solved the puzzle you solved before you solved this one more difficult than the puzzle you solved after you solved the puzzle you solved before you solved the puzzle you solved before you solved the puzzle you solved before you solved this one?

I should probably be shot for posting that...

T

Moves
13 Apr 05
2 edits

What do mean "probably"?

Off the top of my head, no.
Because they are the same puzzles.

A
Lazy Sod

Everywhere

Moves
13 Apr 05

yes

P

Moves
13 Apr 05

am puzzled.. no but yeah but no but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah THEN yeah but not but yeah but no but yeah but yeah but yeah but no!!!!!!!!!

p

Non-Sub Recs: 0

Moves
13 Apr 05

lol, it is a bit confusing, isn't it?

P

Moves
13 Apr 05
1 edit

Originally posted by davegage
Ready...

<Sound of clicking as bolts are cocked, chambers loaded>

Aim...

<Dreadul silence hangs in the air as davegage contemplates his final moments...>

Fire!

<CRACK-ack-ack-ack-ack-ack!!! - Last thing davegage hears before half a dozen .303 rounds tear a gaping hole in his heaving rib-cage>

RIP 😴

d

Moves
13 Apr 05

Originally posted by PawnCurry
[b]Ready...

<Sound of clicking as bolts are cocked, chambers loaded>

Aim...

<Dreadul silence hangs in the air as davegage contemplates his final moments...>

Fire!

<CRACK-ack-ack-ack-ack-ack!!! - Last thing davegage hears before half a dozen .303 rounds tear a gaping hole in his heaving rib-cage>

RIP 😴[/b]
ouch...good thing I just happened to be wearing my bulletproof Kevlar shirt today...

T

Moves
14 Apr 05
2 edits

Let before = +1
Let after = -1

Then
"IF the puzzle you solved before you solved the puzzle you solved after you solved the puzzle you solved before you solved the puzzle you solved before you solved the puzzle you solved after you solved the puzzle you solved before you solved this one was more difficult than..."
is + 4 - 2 = = +2
and can be rewritten as
"IF the puzzle you solved before you solved the puzzle you solved before this one is more difficult than..."

"...more difficult than the puzzle you solved before you solved the puzzle you solved after you solved the puzzle you solved before you solved this one, THEN..."
is + 2 - 1 = + 1
and can be rewritten as
"...more difficult than the puzzle you solved before you solved this one, THEN..."

So the whole phrase can be summarized as
"IF the previous puzzle was easier than the one before that, THEN..."

"...THEN was the puzzle you solved after you solved the puzzle you solved before you solved the puzzle you solved before you solved this one more difficult than..."
is + 2 - 1 = + 1
and can be rewritten as
"THEN was the puzzle you solved before this one more difficult than..."

"...more difficult than the puzzle you solved after you solved the puzzle you solved before you solved the puzzle you solved before you solved the puzzle you solved before you solved this one?"
is + 3 - 1 = + 2
and can be rewritten as
"...more difficult than the puzzle you solved before you solved the puzzle you solved before you solved this one?"

So the whole phrase reads
"...THEN was the previous puzzle more difficult than the one before that?"

So the whole sentence reads

"If the previous puzzle was easier than the one before that, THEN was the previous puzzle more difficult than the one before that?"

Answer: NO

Now, where did I put that shotgun??

d

Moves
14 Apr 05

Originally posted by THUDandBLUNDER
So the whole sentence reads

"If the previous puzzle was easier than the one before that, THEN was the previous puzzle more difficult than the one before that?"

Answer: NO

Now, where did I put that shotgun??

Nicely done and summarized...

I'm impressed you were willingly to sift through that.

I think I'd better keep my Kevlar handy for a while just in case...

Z

Moves
17 Apr 05

Originally posted by davegage
Yes or No:

IF the puzzle you solved before you solved the puzzle you solved after you solved the puzzle you solved before you solved the puzzle you solved before you solved the puzzle you solved after you solved the puzzle you solved before you solved this one was more difficult than the puzzle you solved before you solved the puzzle you solved after you ...[text shortened]... e puzzle you solved before you solved this one?

pardon me for saying but you have to be reaaaaaly bored to try and solve something like this

Z

Moves
17 Apr 05

here is something more entertaining:

if you have 10 trees, how can you arange them in 5 rows of 4 trees each?