1. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    02 Jan '22 01:25
    I really need to implement the GB Away script on my phone.
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    02 Jan '22 02:48
    @eladar said
    https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/2021/12/10/how-much-do-the-12-days-of-christmas-actually-cost/

This is the only place I have ever seen anyone suggest there were actually 12 pear trees given.

But hey, any level of idiocy is accepted as truth around here.
    From the Comments below:

Not trying to start anything here but this story in incorrect. The lyrics and history of the song states that by the end of the the 12 days one would have 364 items in total. There would be multiples of every items EXCEPT the 12 drummers drumming. As of last year it was totaled at costing $105,561.00. So your figure needs to be much higher this year to account for the price changes and inflation. 🙂
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '22 03:40
    @athousandyoung said
    From the Comments below:

Not trying to start anything here but this story in incorrect. The lyrics and history of the song states that by the end of the the 12 days one would have 364 items in total. There would be multiples of every items EXCEPT the 12 drummers drumming. As of last year it was totaled at costing $105,561.00. So your figure needs to be much higher this year to account for the price changes and inflation. 🙂
    As I said, all sorts of idiocies are stated on this site, many of them by you.

Remember, no property is actually owned.
  4. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    02 Jan '22 13:26
    @sonhouse said
    @venda
    Well for us folkies, the song is there as a test of memory, all that stuff in the right order and such.

I don't sing much myself, wife does that, I just do instrumentals, guitar, mandolin and the like.

I guess it would be REALLY boring if it was just an instrumental🙂
    I am a also a folk singer in the local clubs(most of which haven't re opened yet) so I do my bit on the various Zoom sessions that have sprung up.
    There's lots of these "repeat" type songs sung around the clubs as you will know.I think they all get a bit monotonous after you've heard them a number of times even the "Barley mow"which is one of the better ones.
    The parodies of "the 12 days" can be quite amusing but after you hear them once or twice they aren't funny anymore.
  5. Standard memberPaladin I
    LEROYBROWN
    south side of chitow
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 15:35
    would rather play chess, I know a brilliant Mathematician but you are no personal friend of mine so there.....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree