Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

  1. 14 Aug '05 09:16
    I was given this position yesterday and though it is not so hard to obtain the solution the wining move is rather beautiful.
    So here it is, White to play and win:

    Enjoy
  2. 14 Aug '05 09:23
    Originally posted by ilywrin
    I was given this position yesterday and though it is not so hard to obtain the solution the wining move is rather beautiful.
    So here it is, White to play and win:
    [fen]3R4/4pp2/BBb2k2/5r2/5p1K/8/8/8 [/fen]
    Enjoy
    piece of cactus. ill post answer later coz i dont wanna spoil the fun from others
  3. 14 Aug '05 10:44
    Originally posted by Jusuh
    piece of cactus. ill post answer later coz i dont wanna spoil the fun from others
    Is it? Then I a must be on the wrong track in the first three moves. I see several, more or less equivalent winning paths as4th move variations, not all of them exciting.
  4. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    14 Aug '05 11:45
    Originally posted by Mephisto2
    Is it? Then I a must be on the wrong track in the first three moves. I see several, more or less equivalent winning paths as4th move variations, not all of them exciting.
    I think I found it. You may be overthinking it. I did at first. It's not a devasting win but it's a pretty little combination of tactics.
  5. 20 Aug '05 04:06
    i give up
  6. 20 Aug '05 05:11
    Originally posted by bridgebuilder
    i give up
    oh no you cant give up man ... we cant improve world by giving up..
  7. 21 Aug '05 19:27
    Originally posted by Jusuh
    oh no you cant give up man ... we cant improve world by giving up..
    pfft, sure we can, ever hear of the Giving Tree? it gave up a lot@

    ba-dum, psh!