Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

1. 13 Nov '06 16:51 / 2 edits

This is interesting - mate in two.

P.s. Please, as always, don't post the answers, if you think, you've solved it, then PM me the answer.
  2. 17 Nov '06 16:15
    Originally posted by kbaumen
    [fen]2bb1K2/4p3/5k1n/3QNP2/5R1P/8/8/8 w[/fen]

This is interesting - mate in two.

P.s. Please, as always, don't post the answers, if you think, you've solved it, then PM me the answer.
    I've looked over it again and again and I can not see it! I feel it has to do with a knight move but I just can't see! There are mate in 2's if black plays a certain move but there is no guarantee black will play those moves therefore there is no mate in 2!
  3. Subscriber BigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    17 Nov '06 17:28
    I PM'ed the solution.
  4. 17 Nov '06 20:22
    Okay i've PM'ed the answer also

wrist slapped for putting answers on the thread
  5. 17 Nov '06 21:42
    Both BigDoggProblem and Iraqi Insurgent have PM'ed me the correct answers. There is a mate in two here. Look again JohnLenonForever
  6. 17 Nov '06 22:00
    Easy mate in two, unfortunately I probably wouldn't recognize it in a game. Nice puzzle.
  7. Subscriber BigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    18 Nov '06 04:11
    Originally posted by nsbolus
    Easy mate in two, unfortunately I probably wouldn't recognize it in a game. Nice puzzle.
    Is there such a thing as a hard mate in 2?
  8. Standard member Natural Science
    blunderer of pawns
    18 Nov '06 09:17 / 1 edit
    Very nice puzzle. I've PM'ed my answer. Solving this has given me a great boost of confidence in my abilities, although along with nsbolus, I probably wouldn't spot this over the board.

JohnLennonForever: This one requires you to think outside the box a little bit. But it's there, keep at it.
  9. 18 Nov '06 11:18
    I've messaged an answer but I still can't get the right answer.
  10. 19 Nov '06 09:09 / 2 edits
    I agree I wouldn't see it normally but I've done it! Sorry if i spoil it but everyone always seems to get the answer before me anyway. I originally thought:
    Qf7+ NxQ
    Ng4#
    but it has no defense against KxN, so I think the move is:
    Nd7+! Bxd7
    Qd4#
    Thanks to everyone who helped me. It's really boosted my chess confidence.
  11. 19 Nov '06 17:01
    Damn! e5 is possible.