1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    invigorated
    Dunedin
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    05 Jan '08 22:25
    Impressive at the start
    Minimal at heart.

    Heard as a window
    Many sound like a flow.
  2. Standard memberDaBearsFan08
    Chicago Maniac
    Moon
    Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    19318
    06 Jan '08 00:10
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Impressive at the start
    Minimal at heart.

    Heard as a window
    Many sound like a flow.
    Something?
  3. Pale Blue Dot
    Joined
    22 Jul '07
    Moves
    21637
    06 Jan '08 00:18
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Impressive at the start
    Minimal at heart.

    Heard as a window
    Many sound like a flow.
    Wow?
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    invigorated
    Dunedin
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    06 Jan '08 15:29
    Originally posted by Green Paladin
    Wow?
    Good effort but nowhere near. This one is hard so a little clue:

    The answer is like my first riddle but not a French one!
  5. Midlands
    Joined
    25 Sep '06
    Moves
    12016
    06 Jan '08 19:09
    Hmm, tricky.
    Is it the letter O?
  6. Standard memberDaBearsFan08
    Chicago Maniac
    Moon
    Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    19318
    06 Jan '08 19:33
    beer?
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    invigorated
    Dunedin
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    06 Jan '08 20:18
    Not beer.
    Not the letter 'O' ,................ but getting close.
  8. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    6864
    07 Jan '08 11:54
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Not beer.
    Not the letter 'O' ,................ but getting close.
    'I'.

    Richard
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    invigorated
    Dunedin
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    07 Jan '08 14:38
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    'I'.

    Richard
    CORRECT

    Impressive at the start
    (The I at the start of impressive)
    Minimal at heart.
    The I in the middle of minImal)

    Heard as a window
    (Sounds like eye, eyes are windows of the soul)
    Many sound like a flow.
    .I's sound like ice ... ice-flow.
  10. Pale Blue Dot
    Joined
    22 Jul '07
    Moves
    21637
    07 Jan '08 18:221 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    CORRECT

    Impressive at the start
    (The I at the start of impressive)
    Minimal at heart.
    The I in the middle of minImal)

    Heard as a window
    (Sounds like eye, eyes are windows of the soul)
    Many sound like a flow.
    .I's sound like ice ... ice-flow.
    Hate to be pedantic... ice-floe.
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    invigorated
    Dunedin
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    07 Jan '08 19:21
    Originally posted by Green Paladin
    Hate to be pedantic... ice-floe.
    I too hate to be pedantic .. but I can't help it!

    According to Chambers : floe - a field of floating ice, so an ice-floe would be a field of floating ice made from ice?

    So I believe either floe or ice-flow but NOT ice-floe.

    HOWEVER a quick google of ice-flow, ice-floe, ice flow seems to show that all variants are in common usage. Lets say we are both correct.

    😀
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    invigorated
    Dunedin
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    07 Jan '08 19:22
    An example of 'ice-flow'
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/bigphotos/85770689.html
  13. Pale Blue Dot
    Joined
    22 Jul '07
    Moves
    21637
    07 Jan '08 21:02
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    I too hate to be pedantic .. but I can't help it!

    According to Chambers : floe - a field of floating ice, so an ice-floe would be a field of floating ice made from ice?

    So I believe either floe or ice-flow but NOT ice-floe.

    HOWEVER a quick google of ice-flow, ice-floe, ice flow seems to show that all variants are in common usage. Lets say we are both correct.

    😀
    http://www.reference.com/search?q=ice%20flow&r=d&db=web

    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ice%20floe

    Collins has 'floe' see 'ice floe.' You're right about there being lots of Google entries for 'ice flow.' Thanks for the riddles, keep them coming. 🙂
  14. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Joined
    28 Mar '06
    Moves
    9908
    08 Jan '08 09:28
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    I too hate to be pedantic .. but I can't help it!

    According to Chambers : floe - a field of floating ice, so an ice-floe would be a field of floating ice made from ice?

    So I believe either floe or ice-flow but NOT ice-floe.

    HOWEVER a quick google of ice-flow, ice-floe, ice flow seems to show that all variants are in common usage. Lets say we are both correct.

    😀
    many types of flows....ice, debris, water, ground
Back to Top