1. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 02:01
    Originally posted by joe shmo
    I'm slow of the mark....never had geometry or any class that would familiarize me with trig functions. In High School I took Algebra 1 and thats it as far as math. I suppose you had Algebra 1 nocked off by the seventh grade? As a result I'm starting College level mathematics at the bottom of the heap...It also took me five years after high school to wise ...[text shortened]... i can analyze some of the solution, but some things in there remain unstudied to this point...
    Don't know what's your Algebra I program, but I started learning trig functions in 6th or 7th grade.
    Secret to learn mathematics is: never try to understand something complex if you don't understand the basics. It's literally a castle that starts with the foundations. It's better to lose sometime relearning the basics . I'm sure you'll do just fine!
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 02:13
    Originally posted by serigado
    Don't know what's your Algebra I program, but I started learning trig functions in 6th or 7th grade.
    Secret to learn mathematics is: never try to understand something complex if you don't understand the basics. It's literally a castle that starts with the foundations. It's better to lose sometime relearning the basics . I'm sure you'll do just fine!
    so you started agebra in 4th or 5th grade? Then I would say your program is much further ahead...🙂
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 05:542 edits
    What's wrong with my solution? There must be something.

Oh, I see it. -i^2 is not i but rather -1.
  4. Joined
    26 Nov '07
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 08:36
    Originally posted by serigado
    [b]Also, the function described in the above post is indeed incredible. I've made my girlfriend memorise it.
    She'll dump you in 2 weeks. Give her some chocolates and flowers, maybe you can save your relation yet.[/b]
    Wow - wait a moment there! Me and my girlfriend are not related!

My old Analysis lecturer would always mark us down for writing ln for "log to the base e". He told us that,

"I had a girlfriend once who was a physicist. She used to write ln for log to the base e. We broke up. That wasn't why.

Well, maybe it was a little bit."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree