Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

  1. Non-Sub Recs: 0
    Joined
    08 Apr '05
    Moves
    455
    19 Jul '05 08:37
    A golf ball is packed into a cubical box so that it just fits. What percentage of the box is unfilled?
  2. Joined
    12 Mar '03
    Moves
    37826
    19 Jul '05 09:41
    Originally posted by phgao
    A golf ball is packed into a cubical box so that it just fits. What percentage of the box is unfilled?
    volume of the ball: 4/3*pi*r^3
    volume of the box: 8r^3

    fraction unoccupied: 1- 4/3*pi/8= 1 - pi/6 = 48% approx.
  3. Ireland
    Joined
    01 Apr '03
    Moves
    13905
    19 Jul '05 23:20
    Originally posted by Mephisto2
    volume of the ball: 4/3*pi*r^3
    volume of the box: 8r^3

    fraction unoccupied: 1- 4/3*pi/8= 1 - pi/6 = 48% approx.
    what about the dimples on the ball making it not perfectly spherical

    lol
  4. In your face
    Joined
    21 Aug '04
    Moves
    55993
    23 Jul '05 16:20
    Originally posted by villa68
    what about the dimples on the ball making it not perfectly spherical

    lol
    You tell us? 😛
  5. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Joined
    17 Mar '05
    Moves
    1345
    23 Jul '05 22:09
    Originally posted by villa68
    what about the dimples on the ball making it not perfectly spherical

    lol
    Pity he's not a snooker fan.
  6. Joined
    12 Mar '03
    Moves
    37826
    23 Jul '05 22:31
    Originally posted by Bowmann
    Pity he's not a snooker fan.
    Who is 'he'?
  7. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Joined
    17 Mar '05
    Moves
    1345
    24 Jul '05 00:12
    Originally posted by Mephisto2
    Who is 'he'?
    Hag Op.

    Do you always have such difficulty grasping the obvious?
  8. In your face
    Joined
    21 Aug '04
    Moves
    55993
    24 Jul '05 00:57
    Originally posted by Mephisto2
    Who is 'he'?
    He thinks therefore he is.
  9. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Joined
    17 Mar '05
    Moves
    1345
    24 Jul '05 20:47
    Originally posted by jimslyp69
    He thinks therefore he is.
    Most posters here fail to manage the think part.
Back to Top