1. Joined
    16 Jul '04
    Moves
    20 Dec '04 06:24
    I'll give a big cheer to anyone who can answer these questions correctly. ( Hint: they are not as easy as they sound.) 1) How many wise men visited baby Jesus? 2) Which direction did the wise men follow the star? 3) Who cut off Samson's hair? 4) What fruit did Eve give Adam in the Garden of Eden?
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    20 Dec '04 06:49
    Originally posted by Peter X
    I'll give a big cheer to anyone who can answer these questions correctly. ( Hint: they are not as easy as they sound.) 1) How many wise men visited baby Jesus? 2) Which direction did the wise men follow the star? 3) Who cut off Samson's hair? 4) What fruit did Eve give Adam in the Garden of Eden?
    Well, I will be the sucker and throw out the most well known answers I've heard. I know little about the Bible though.

1) Three
    2) Don't know
    3) Delilah
    4) Fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil
  3. DonationAcolyte
    Now With Added BA
    Loughborough
    Moves
    20 Dec '04 10:33
    Originally posted by Peter X
    1) The Bible just says 'magi', it doesn't say how many.
    2) Westwards, presumably.
    3) <shrugs>
    4) I don't know how this one ended up as 'apple' - one possibility (in English at least) is that it's an archaism from when 'apple' was the general word for fruit. Another is that it's a Latin pun ('apple' and 'bad' are both written 'malus' in Latin). I'm just guessing here.
  4. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    20 Dec '04 23:27
    Originally posted by Acolyte

4) I don't know how this one ended up as 'apple' - one possibility (in English at least) is that it's an archaism from when 'apple' was the general word for fruit. Another is that it's a Latin pun ('apple' and 'bad' are both written 'malus' in Latin). I'm just guessing here.
    the OT was written in hebrew...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree