1. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    19 Sep '08 23:37
    Is it just me or are Chip's Challenge and Jezzball two of the greatest games ever invented?
    After all these years, they are still fun to play.
  2. Sigulda, Latvia
    Moves
    20 Sep '08 12:33
    Originally posted by paulbuchmanfromfics
    Is it just me or are Chip's Challenge and Jezzball two of the greatest games ever invented?
    After all these years, they are still fun to play.
    I remember the game chip's challenge from playing it in the nineties when I was just a kid. Some time ago I thought of it but couldn't remember the name. Thanks a bunch for helping me remember, now I've got to find me a Linux version of it. Do you know is one out there?
  3. Standard memberforkedknight
    Defend the Universe
    Moves
    20 Sep '08 22:21
    Both of those games came with my first computer: an Acer with a Pentium 90, 2MB RAM, and a 500MB harddrive.

I spent many an hour on chips challenge especially.
  4. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    20 Sep '08 22:28
    I bought a disc that had about 8 games on it. Chip's Challenge and Jezzball are my favorite two. Rodent's Revenge is fun too. There is also a game with Pipes (Maybe Leak Out?), Ski Free, Blackjack Helper, and more. You may be able to find it used at Amazon. I was surprised that it only takes one little hard disc to install them all. Unfortunately, my newer computer has no disc drive. 🙁
  5. Joined
    17 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Sep '08 02:03
    Try either dosgames.com
    Or looking for WEP (windows entertainment pack) for W95 (or W3.2)

SkiFree annoyed the hell out of me. The others are classic.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 Sep '08 04:41
    There are no games like Chip's Challenge and Jezzball produced anymore.
  7. Standard memberforkedknight
    Defend the Universe
    Moves
    21 Sep '08 08:14
    They are referred to as "abandonware", and you can find them free on many websites.
  8. Standard memberforkedknight
    Defend the Universe
    Moves
    21 Sep '08 08:18
    Originally posted by kbaumen
    I remember the game chip's challenge from playing it in the nineties when I was just a kid. Some time ago I thought of it but couldn't remember the name. Thanks a bunch for helping me remember, now I've got to find me a Linux version of it. Do you know is one out there?
    Do you have Wine? I'd say that is your best option.
  9. Sigulda, Latvia
    Moves
    21 Sep '08 16:09
    Originally posted by forkedknight
    Do you have Wine? I'd say that is your best option.
    I don't use Wine. Call me paranoid or an idiot, but with Wine it's no problem to catch all the viruses for Windows. But I found something. There is a game called Tile World. It's basically the same, just the graphics and sound are changed, so there wouldn't be any copyright problems. The .dat file from original game can be found online (probably) and you can play the same levels. It looks pretty much alike. Now I have a perfect tool for time wasting.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree