Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

  1. Standard member skeeter
    515 + 30 days
    18 Aug '04 21:07 / 2 edits
    As promised the first RHP puzzle has been compiled and has been very kindly hosted by Robbo on the Clan Maiden site.
    Here is the link: http://www.eye-q.co.uk/maiden I hope its not too difficult and I will be available for hints. Just post in the 'general' forum. Solution in 10 days? with the next one. Good luck and again, thanks Robbo

    skeeter
  2. 19 Aug '04 17:35
    Originally posted by skeeter
    As promised the first RHP puzzle has been compiled and has been very kindly hosted by Robbo on the Clan Maiden site.
    Here is the link: http://www.eye-q.co.uk/maiden I hope its not too difficult and I will be available for hints. Just post in the 'general' forum. Solution in 10 days? with the next one. Good luck and again, thanks Robbo

    skeeter
    I think you mean:
    http://www.eye-q.co.uk/maiden .asp
    or
    http://www.eye-q.co.uk/crypto.htm
  3. Standard member eyeqpc
    Robbo
    19 Aug '04 17:57
    I have still only got 3 answers, and I am not sure these are right. i am so bad at these
  4. 19 Aug '04 22:33
    Originally posted by skeeter
    As promised the first RHP puzzle has been compiled and has been very kindly hosted by Robbo on the Clan Maiden site.
    Here is the link: http://www.eye-q.co.uk/maiden I hope its not too difficult and I will be available for hints. Just post in the 'general' forum. Solution in 10 days? with the next one. Good luck and again, thanks Robbo

    skeeter
    Finished it - don't quite understand what the "prime minister" in 12 across is though.
  5. 19 Aug '04 23:23
    Originally posted by iamatiger
    Finished it - don't quite understand what the "prime minister" in 12 across is though.
    Yeah I wondered about that - the rest of the clue fits though. I liked 19 across the best.
  6. Standard member skeeter
    515 + 30 days
    19 Aug '04 23:39
    Originally posted by howardbradley
    Yeah I wondered about that - the rest of the clue fits though. I liked 19 across the best.
    'Prime Minister' is God (G) and obviously in an anagram of 'Milan' hence "malign". Ah 'Syntax' a wee gem and hard, but the indicator was there ( talking )

    skeeter
  7. 24 Aug '04 16:07
    I was probably just being thick but was there an easy way to print out the crossword without all the surrounding picture?
  8. Standard member eyeqpc
    Robbo
    24 Aug '04 16:49
    Originally posted by Mat Kelley
    I was probably just being thick but was there an easy way to print out the crossword without all the surrounding picture?
    I remedied this by putting the crossword in a seperate window with a blank background

    Robbo
  9. 24 Aug '04 17:01
    Originally posted by eyeqpc
    I remedied this by putting the crossword in a seperate window with a blank background

    Robbo
    Wonderful - I will now put the brain cells to work before the next one comes out!