Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

  1. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    25 Aug '15 22:35
    Some time ago we had cryptic clues to chess pieces and then openings and then GMs. These are clues to users who frequent the forums.

    1. Aristocrat from French game: "elexivee"

    2. See its difficult being so rude.

    3. A mixed up bum, soon this is it.
  2. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's about respect
    26 Aug '15 04:27
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Some time ago we had cryptic clues to chess pieces and then openings and then GMs. These are clues to users who frequent the forums.

    1. Aristocrat from French game: "elexivee"

    2. See its difficult being so rude.

    3. A mixed up bum, soon this is it.
    I KNOW THE FIRST ONE ITS LIKE A FEMALE HOLLANDER WITH A COMMODORE COMPUTER
  3. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    26 Aug '15 11:14
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I KNOW THE FIRST ONE ITS LIKE A FEMALE HOLLANDER WITH A COMMODORE COMPUTER
    A better clue than mine! I should have thought of the Commodore!
  4. 27 Aug '15 16:35
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I KNOW THE FIRST ONE ITS LIKE A FEMALE HOLLANDER WITH A COMMODORE COMPUTER
    Nah, that's the second one.

    And DON'T SHOUT!
  5. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    27 Aug '15 19:49
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Nah, that's the second one.

    !
    If it wasn't a cryptic clue ....
  6. Subscriber coquette
    Already mated
    13 Oct '15 02:59
    i'm clueless
  7. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    21 Oct '15 01:02 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Some time ago we had cryptic clues to chess pieces and then openings and then GMs. These are clues to users who frequent the forums.

    1. Aristocrat from French game: "elexivee"

    2. See its difficult being so rude.

    3. A mixed up bum, soon this is it.
    1. Duchess64
    2. Seitse
    3. moonbus
  8. 28 Oct '15 16:41 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    1. Duchess64
    2. Seitse
    3. moonbus
    1 Eat a pack? 10 more would be a real mouthful!

    2 Sounds like he's glad to see me

    3 Lewd organ? She might be interested!

    (I fear I may have lowered the tone a bit.....)
  9. 29 Oct '15 08:51
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    1 Eat a pack? 10 more would be a real mouthful!

    2 Sounds like he's glad to see me

    3 Lewd organ? She might be interested!

    (I fear I may have lowered the tone a bit.....)
    Forget number 2 above. Bad clue.
  10. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    02 Nov '15 03:33
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    Forget number 2 above. Bad clue.
    Drewnogal
  11. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    12 Nov '15 21:24
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Drewnogal
    And that is Lagonwerd spelled backwards!