1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    27 Sep '06 12:05
    I've read a dectective story where the murderer used bullets made of ice. The victim was shot but no bullet was found.
  2. Joined
    16 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Sep '06 12:29
    Isn't there a term for ejections from a aeroplane... I believe it's called "Blue Ice"...

Ironically there is a film with Michael Caine in of the same name.

C.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    27 Sep '06 12:411 edit
    Originally posted by bartlecp
    Isn't there a term for ejections from a aeroplane... I believe it's called "Blue Ice"...

Ironically there is a film with Michael Caine in of the same name.

C.
    Blue Ice is just a name of transparant ice frozen on any objects,

Anyone driving a car on a surface where the black asphalt is seen through the ice knows how slippery it can be. Totally surprised you have no friction from the road.

Or if the name is Black Ice...?
  4. Toronto.ont.Canada
    Moves
    27 Sep '06 18:16
    a fellen icicle as they were in alaska
  5. Standard memberslappy115
    Slappy slap slap
    Under your bed...
    Moves
    28 Sep '06 19:51
    Originally posted by crazyblue
    here's the pic i was talking about. is it a fake or can anyone confirm this really happend?
    http://www.crazyweird.de/stuff/woman.jpg
    Birds don't urinate in the sense that mammals do. Instead they store it as uric acid in their cloaca. Upon sufficient accumulation of waste, it is expelled. Bird crap is white with brownish-black crap in it. The brownish-black stuff is feces while the white stuff is uric acid and some other liquid waste.

Notice that it is mostly solid anyways. Even if it would freeze, it would freeze into a ball, probably elongated, and never form into a spear.
  6. Standard memberslappy115
    Slappy slap slap
    Under your bed...
    Moves
    28 Sep '06 19:52
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Blue Ice is just a name of transparant ice frozen on any objects,

Anyone driving a car on a surface where the black asphalt is seen through the ice knows how slippery it can be. Totally surprised you have no friction from the road.

Or if the name is Black Ice...?
    It's black ice.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Sep '06 20:11
    hmmm...a bullet of ice eh? ive seen a bullet made from frozen meat bi-products. it was on a CSI show, but i cant remember which one: Miami, NY, or the normal one. The meat was undetectable because amongst the blood and organs because the meat, which had heated up to body temperature, was the same color as the organs.
  8. Joined
    21 Sep '05
    Moves
    28 Sep '06 23:32
    Originally posted by liteswordatlitespeed
    hmmm...a bullet of ice eh? ive seen a bullet made from frozen meat bi-products. it was on a CSI show, but i cant remember which one: Miami, NY, or the normal one. The meat was undetectable because amongst the blood and organs because the meat, which had heated up to body temperature, was the same color as the organs.
    Undetectable ... except for the maggots that were growing on it. Maggots that don't grow on human flesh but only on cattle!
    I'm guessing it was the Las Vegas one - Grissom is into maggots in a big way.
    What a great TV programme!
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Sep '06 00:31
    Hey hey hey you got it! the coroner didnt like the maggots, though lol.

Grissom is also into electrocuting pickles and grossing out his peers.
  10. In your face
    Moves
    29 Sep '06 19:01
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I've read a dectective story where the murderer used bullets made of ice. The victim was shot but no bullet was found.

Originally posted by liteswordatlitespeed
    [b]hmmm...a bullet of ice eh? ive seen a bullet made from frozen meat bi-products. it was on a CSI show, but i cant remember which one: Miami, NY, or the normal one. The meat was un ...[text shortened]... ans because the meat, which had heated up to body temperature, was the same color as the organs.[b]
    I saw a 'mythbusters' episode recently in which both of these theories were disproved. These two dudes actually experimented with various projectiles, shot from a gun. The ice one just exploded on impact. The frozen gelatine caused the most damage but still, did not cause life threatening injuries.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Sep '06 18:07
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    Here's more evidence that falling ice doesn't have to be spherical to be dangerous:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/1219713.stm

Was it a Sherlock Holmes story where the murderer used a dagger made from ice which melted before the body was discovered? I also remember reading a Roald Dahl story where the murder weapon was a frozen lamb chop, which was duly cooked and fed to the investigating policemen!
    That would probably leave some dna evidence in bits torn off going through the skin, but here is a thought: what if you made bullets out of ice, freeze the water in a bullet so the powder doesn't get wet but you get a pointy ice tip. If it was frozen to way below zero, it might last as ice even though its going the speed of sound and enter the body but leave no trace. Couple that with a silencer and you would have a nasty weapon that should leave no trace of anything but a hole.
  12. B is for bye bye
    Moves
    30 Sep '06 23:55
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    That would probably leave some dna evidence in bits torn off going through the skin, but here is a thought: what if you made bullets out of ice, freeze the water in a bullet so the powder doesn't get wet but you get a pointy ice tip. If it was frozen to way below zero, it might last as ice even though its going the speed of sound and enter the body but leav ...[text shortened]... a silencer and you would have a nasty weapon that should leave no trace of anything but a hole.
    Read Dan Brown's 'Deception Point'. Cool ice bullet guns that actually pack the bullets, so you only need to load it with ice, snow, water, etc.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree