1. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    08 Dec '05 21:21
    Wasn't this puzzle posted a few weeks ago?
  2. Standard memberrbmorris
    Vampyroteuthis
    Infernalis
    Moves
    09 Dec '05 17:36
    So that's all you need to do to get into heaven? You mean I can continue being a cruel, selfish jerk? Woohoo!
  3. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    21 Dec '05 16:43
    Originally posted by kcams
    you just died!

death rises in front of your eyes just as the rest of the world disappears, left in a small pocket of light is you , Death, a small perfectly round table and a large stack of coins.

Death speaks

"we shall pick a coin from the pile one at a time. we shall place the coin anywhere on the table that we choose to. the coins must not overlap ...[text shortened]... eaven if you moved last and i cannot go."

would you like to go first or second??

and why.
    I don't think you could know the answer.

For examlpe someone suggested you should always go first, what if the table is only big enough for two coins. Then again if you go second and the table is only big enough for three coins you go to hell.
  4. Joined
    11 Apr '05
    Moves
    21 Dec '05 20:00
    say let settle on the boad hahahaha😏
  5. Joined
    01 May '05
    Moves
    21 Dec '05 21:371 edit
    Originally posted by Will Everitt
    I don't think you could know the answer.

For examlpe someone suggested you should always go first, what if the table is only big enough for two coins. Then again if you go second and the table is only big enough for three coins you go to hell.
    Place your first coin in the center.

If it's a PERFECTLY ROUND TABLE, if he gets one coin in you can too.

Edit: and if the table is only big enough for two coins yo will take out his extra space by doing that.
  6. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    21 Dec '05 23:07
    Originally posted by fetofs
    Place your first coin in the center.

If it's a PERFECTLY ROUND TABLE, if he gets one coin in you can too.

Edit: and if the table is only big enough for two coins yo will take out his extra space by doing that.
    How can a perfectly round table have just space enough for an even number of coins? If the first coin is placed in the centre, every subsequent possible placing can be matched with an equivalent placing along a line drawn through the centre - therefore the maximum number of coins that can be placed on the table will always be odd. The only way that the first coin strategy can lose is if the table is too small to fit any coins on at-all!
  7. Joined
    19 Jul '05
    Moves
    22 Dec '05 06:36
    Are you pseudo intellectuals for real??? Get a life
  8. Joined
    01 May '05
    Moves
    26 Dec '05 02:37
    Originally posted by iamatiger
    If the first coin is placed in the centre...
    I didn't make that assumption...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree