Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

  1. 15 Jun '06 22:29
    Suppose that you and eight other people about your age are wandering a cave.

    Next imagine that as someone is crawling out, there is a cave-in.

    To make matters worse water is seeping into the cave and if you don't get out you and the other six will die.

    Each of you has a small stick of dynamite.

    Your options are as such
    A) blow your way out of the cave with the dynamite and kill the other person stuck

    B) let the person live and wind up dying with the other six


    Next imagine that the person stuck was a loved one or spouse what would your answer be then?
  2. 15 Jun '06 22:59
    What dilemma?

    I just got life insurance policies for my wife and I... as far as I can see, if she's stuck... well then it's payday casa Gastel!

    If the person is stuck in the wilderness, then they are as good as dead anyway so blowing them up is no big deal.
  3. 16 Jun '06 03:01
    I would use the dynamite to blow our way through, If the other person is stuck then there is a small chance that they will live anyways, so if you love them do them a favor and make it a quick death.
  4. 16 Jun '06 07:14
    Originally posted by Gastel
    What dilemma?

    I just got life insurance policies for my wife and I... as far as I can see, if she's stuck... well then it's payday casa Gastel!

    If the person is stuck in the wilderness, then they are as good as dead anyway so blowing them up is no big deal.
    the idea is that you are between a river and a solid wall of granite

    no wilderness
  5. 16 Jun '06 07:16
    Originally posted by thechessguy
    I would use the dynamite to blow our way through, If the other person is stuck then there is a small chance that they will live anyways, so if you love them do them a favor and make it a quick death.
    the other idea is that you have two choices

    A) kill one save seven

    B) kill seven save one

    it's a moral choice
    let's just say no other options appear to you so you only have those choices, ok
  6. Subscriber BigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    16 Jun '06 19:51
    Originally posted by sofar55
    the other idea is that you have two choices

    A) kill one save seven

    B) kill seven save one

    it's a moral choice
    let's just say no other options appear to you so you only have those choices, ok
    The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one. -Spock
  7. Standard member Bowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    16 Jun '06 20:51 / 1 edit
    'Some puzzle-posers are extremely proficient at recycling material merely days after it's already been used.' - Bowmann
  8. 17 Jun '06 08:02
    Originally posted by Bowmann
    'Some puzzle-posers are extremely proficient at recycling material merely days after it's already been used.' - Bowmann
    do you always have to insult everyone, "bowmann"

    'some get irritated when someone insults everyone else,' Sofar55
  9. 25 Jun '06 23:46
    please answer
  10. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    26 Jun '06 02:51
    This is a stupid thread. Seriously, stupid.
  11. 26 Jun '06 03:19
    if the one person is stuck he will die anyway!!!
  12. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's about respect
    26 Jun '06 08:57
    I blow them all up and feast on their remains while living in the dark, dank cave. Someday I hope to turn into Gollum.
  13. 01 Jul '06 04:06
    Originally posted by ajte
    if the one person is stuck he will die anyway!!!
    not nessesarily

    there might be people on the other side trying to dig you out
    at the same time there might not

    options are as said above
    die with the other six and save one
    OR
    kill the other one and save six

    if you chose to die then the other guy will live
  14. 01 Jul '06 04:19
    Originally posted by sofar55
    Suppose that you and eight other people about your age are wandering a cave.

    Next imagine that as someone is crawling out, there is a cave-in.

    To make matters worse water is seeping into the cave and if you don't get out you and the other six will die.

    Each of you has a small stick of dynamite.

    Your options are as such
    A) blow your way out of th ...[text shortened]...

    Next imagine that the person stuck was a loved one or spouse what would your answer be then?
    I would just stop imagining all these things and go on with my normal life.
  15. 19 Aug '06 10:24
    Why not just txt mum, saying to come dig you and the other people out???