1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    22 Sep '12 15:18
    Drew's Riddle

    Today, 2012

    Dear Uncle Bobby,

    I have a riddle for you.

    One night a king and a queen went on a boat. The king fell off and drowned.

    The queen fell off and drowned. Who was left?

    Drew
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    22 Sep '12 20:54
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Drew's Riddle

    Today, 2012

    Dear Uncle Bobby,

    I have a riddle for you.

    One night a king and a queen went on a boat. The king fell off and drowned.

    The queen fell off and drowned. Who was left?

    Drew[/b]
    The (k)night.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    22 Sep '12 21:49
    Originally posted by JS357

    The (k)night.
    Dear Uncle Bob,

    the answer is one knight!

    One night a king and a queen went on a boat.

    I hope you like my riddles, because I'm going to be sending you more.

    Drew

    .....................................


    😏
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    howling mad
    In the den
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    23 Sep '12 19:52
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Dear Uncle Bob,

    the answer is one knight!

    One night a king and a queen went on a boat.

    I hope you like my riddles, because I'm going to be sending you more.

    Drew

    .....................................


    😏
    Dear Drew


    The answers to your remaining riddles

    The page

    The horse was called Friday

    The surgeon was the boy's mother

    Father & son

    They were twins

    Each was the name of one of the men.

    Bye for now
    Uncle Wolfie
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    26 Sep '12 09:42
    Originally posted by wolfgang59

    Dear Drew


    The answers to your remaining riddles

    The page

    The horse was called Friday

    The surgeon was the boy's mother

    Father & son

    They were twins

    Each was the name of one of the men.

    Bye for now
    Uncle Wolfie
    Thanks. I'll run it by the little shaver.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    27 Sep '12 09:47
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby

    [b]Drew's Riddle

    Today, 2012

    Dear Uncle Bobby,

    I have a riddle for you.

    One night a king and a queen went on a boat. The king fell off and drowned.

    The queen fell off and drowned. Who was left?

    Drew[/b]
    "It's been around for millions of years, but it's no more than a month old. What is it?"
  7. SubscriberC J Horse
    A stable personality
    Near my hay.
    Joined
    27 Apr '06
    Moves
    51570
    27 Sep '12 15:42
    The moon?
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    27 Sep '12 20:06
    Originally posted by C J Horse
    The moon?
    Why is it no more than a month old?

    How about a few of yours.

    -gb
  9. Standard memberforkedknight
    Defend the Universe
    127.0.0.1
    Joined
    18 Dec '03
    Moves
    16018
    27 Sep '12 20:16
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Why is it no more than a month old?

    How about a few of yours.

    -gb
    Serious question?

    because there's a "new moon" every lunar cycle.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    27 Sep '12 23:041 edit
    Originally posted by forkedknight

    Serious question?

    because there's a "new moon" every lunar cycle.
    Big Cigar Filled humidor for FK!
  11. SubscriberC J Horse
    A stable personality
    Near my hay.
    Joined
    27 Apr '06
    Moves
    51570
    28 Sep '12 09:131 edit
    Dear GB,

    Because it goes through its phases - new, to full, to old - which takes about a month. It then disappears from view and starts again as a "new" moon. I'll try and think of some.
  12. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    6976
    28 Sep '12 13:28
    Originally posted by forkedknight
    Serious question?

    because there's a "new moon" every lunar cycle.
    But the new moon is the same old new moon it was last month...

    Richard
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    28 Sep '12 14:45
    Originally posted by C J Horse
    Dear GB,

    Because it goes through its phases - new, to full, to old - which takes about a month. It then disappears from view and starts again as a "new" moon. I'll try and think of some.
    Thanks, C J. Here's one for you: "How do you get down from an elephant?"
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    28 Sep '12 14:55
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue

    But the new moon is the same old new moon it was last month...

    Richard
    Of course, in terms of human language of accomodation (which the race employs to express opinions and views regarding matters and phenomenon, otherwise far beyond

    its ken). In galactic/grand scheme terms, not so much. Let's set aside social niceties for the nonce and call it for what it is.... a big fat definitely not, no way, no!

    Robert
  15. SubscriberC J Horse
    A stable personality
    Near my hay.
    Joined
    27 Apr '06
    Moves
    51570
    28 Sep '12 16:37
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Thanks, C J. Here's one for you: "How do you get down from an elephant?"
    You don't. You get down from a duck.
Back to Top