1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    04 Mar '09 21:53
    [i]h7 is intriguing. In one picture 3 2 1 is written upside-down. However in the actual mural on the high school wall it is written as a reflection of the numbers above. [/b]

How do you know that?
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    04 Mar '09 21:53
    Wb/m2 could be a T from tesla units.
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    04 Mar '09 21:56
    a7 looks an awful lot like the units of Magnetic Flux Density (Wb/m^2) although it isn't written exactly right.

It looks all right to me. What's wrong with it?
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    04 Mar '09 21:59
    Originally posted by leisurelysloth
    I'm not a musician, but I'm kind of wondering if it could be even simpler than that. Some simple musical term. "Measure" perhaps? Or "notes".
    I doubt it. The complexity of the science stuff and the fact that the painter researched multiple disciplines for his symbols suggest that it'll be somewhat complex. C7 makes sense to me.
  5. Standard memberleisurelysloth
    Man of Steel
    rushing to and fro
    Moves
    04 Mar '09 22:02
    h6 looks vaguely like traces on a PC board. Also referred to as "tracks" by our friends across the pond.
  6. Standard memberleisurelysloth
    Man of Steel
    rushing to and fro
    Moves
    04 Mar '09 22:031 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    h7 is intriguing. In one picture 3 2 1 is written upside-down. However in the actual mural on the high school wall it is written as a reflection of the numbers above.

How do you know that?[/b]
    Two different images supplied and they aren't consistent.
  7. Standard memberleisurelysloth
    Man of Steel
    rushing to and fro
    Moves
    04 Mar '09 22:04
    a7 looks an awful lot like the units of Magnetic Flux Density (Wb/m^2) although it isn't written exactly right.

It looks all right to me. What's wrong with it?
    The "2" is a bit misplaced. Probably just me being OCD though.
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    04 Mar '09 22:06
    You know, the first kid to win this prize is the one who starts and researches threads like this. A bunch of middle aged folks will solve it on the net and the winner will be the internet geek who looks it up.
  9. Standard memberleisurelysloth
    Man of Steel
    rushing to and fro
    Moves
    04 Mar '09 22:06
    I doubt it. The complexity of the science stuff and the fact that the painter researched multiple disciplines for his symbols suggest that it'll be somewhat complex. C7 makes sense to me.
    It's hard to say what he would consider "somewhat complex" though. He couldn't make the symbols too obscure and have any hope that anyone would ever be able to peice together all of the obscure meanings and chains of reasoning in the proper sequence and ever arrive at a solution... ...could he?
  10. Standard memberleisurelysloth
    Man of Steel
    rushing to and fro
    Moves
    04 Mar '09 22:081 edit
    You know, the first kid to win this prize is the one who starts and researches threads like this. A bunch of middle aged folks will solve it on the net and the winner will be the internet geek who looks it up.
    LOL! Yeah, maybe us old fossils should leave this alone.... We're probably just making ourselves look dumb here anyway.

EDIT: I thought about Googling it actually to see if it had already been solved, but didn't want to spoil the puzzle if it has....
  11. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    04 Mar '09 22:10
    LOL! Yeah, maybe us old fossils should leave this alone.... We're probably just making ourselves look dumb here anyway.

EDIT: I thought about Googling it actually to see if it had already been solved, but didn't want to spoil the puzzle if it has....
    Who cares? It's fun. 🙂
  12. Standard memberAynat
    Dog Companion
    Rain Forest
    Moves
    05 Mar '09 02:18

No, it hasn't been solved. The School just opened this fall.

Thanks for all the good thinking....keep it up..
  13. Joined
    08 Mar '09
    Moves
    08 Mar '09 20:09
    If you look close from the cricket to the atom to the JS in the bottem left corner, it makes a diagonal line.
  14. Joined
    02 Mar '06
    Moves
    09 Mar '09 06:37
    Originally posted by dermatox
    If you look close from the cricket to the atom to the JS in the bottem left corner, it makes a diagonal line.
    there also seems to be one traveling from the top-left corner to the bottom right - almost like a big X over the 8x8 board, outlined by changes in the shades of the colors in some of the boxes, and by actual diagonal splits in some of the other boxes.
  15. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    13 Mar '09 01:23
    Originally posted by Aetherael
    there also seems to be one traveling from the top-left corner to the bottom right - almost like a big X over the 8x8 board, outlined by changes in the shades of the colors in some of the boxes, and by actual diagonal splits in some of the other boxes.
    The X combined with the center cross suggests the UK flag.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree