Encryption Puzzle

Encryption Puzzle

Posers and Puzzles

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 Mar 09
2 edits

The fifth row with the circle and dashed line looks like it's saying we are sending signals out into space, (the next image is dark, maybe indicating sending a signal into outer space) the next box maybe saying we are using waves(RF) and the next box is what looks like a star cluster, so that message could go : we are sending messages via radio telescope out to the stars in hopes that an intelligence will pick up the signal and know there are other intelligences in the universe in case they thought they were the only ones.
If that is the gist of that line, then the next line, 6th from top, could be we were spotted, the crosshairs indicating we were noticed and they will reply, then the language they percieve is chinese but the next symbol is their own, and we send messages back and forth to each other and the next two dark spaces could indicate a significant time spend in response, then the sixth box with A and U and you notice a little representation of what looks like a radio telescope dish icon, representing the idea we successfully translated each others languageand start talking first in mathematics then more complex concepts and start an intellectual cultural exchange, for instance, the seventh line, at d2, that could indicate a discussion about the arrow of time, and on e1, that could represent a discussion about either the amount of energy you get from fission or fusion with the bottom of the curve representing iron, which gives no energy from either or it could represent the 'galactic water hole' the frequency (about 1.5 Ghz) at which there is a hole in the pervasive interstellar clouds where transmissions at that frequency have the best chance to get through.
One thing that says that is wrong is at f3, what I took to be a small symbol of an RF dish may be just the sign for multiplication A*U?

g

Moves
14 Mar 09

Originally posted by sonhouse
The fifth row with the circle and dashed line looks like it's saying we are sending signals out into space, (the next image is dark, maybe indicating sending a signal into outer space) the next box maybe saying we are using waves(RF) and the next box is what looks like a star cluster, so that message could go : we are sending messages via radio telescope ou ...[text shortened]... , what I took to be a small symbol of an RF dish may be just the sign for multiplication A*U?
Great theory. Think this puzzle is out of my league.

g

Moves
14 Mar 09

Originally posted by leisurelysloth
h7 is intriguing. In one picture 3 2 1 is written upside-down. However in the actual mural on the high school wall it is written as a reflection of the numbers above. Does this mean that the orientation is unimportant? Or was this an oversight that was corrected on the final version? Perhaps the literal meaning is "reflection"?
In the real one, the WHOLE number is reflected across the lines (x-axis). In the online one, each number is individually rotated.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
15 Mar 09

Originally posted by golfer1
In the real one, the WHOLE number is reflected across the lines (x-axis). In the online one, each number is individually rotated.
Are we saying the images we see are not in the final version? I am having a hard enough time with it in the form I see, then you are saying it might not be finished?

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
15 Mar 09

Originally posted by sonhouse
Are we saying the images we see are not in the final version? I am having a hard enough time with it in the form I see, then you are saying it might not be finished?
It's just the one tile from what I can tell.

a

Fichtekränzi

Moves
15 Mar 09

Can I order that puzzle as a poster?
Looks very good and the puzzle is very heavy

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
16 Mar 09

Originally posted by afx
Can I order that puzzle as a poster?
Looks very good and the puzzle is very heavy
Take it to the Posters and Puzzles forum, spanky.

Sorry, couldnt help it...

A
Dog Companion

Rain Forest

Moves
19 Mar 09

Originally posted by golfer1
Great theory. Think this puzzle is out of my league.
League? 😲

I didn't even know there was a league....😳