1. Joined
    18 Feb '06
    Moves
    08 Aug '06 20:51
    science channel said we are being pulled a inch every year to a black hole 🙄crazy one day we wil be smashed like a fly
  2. Joined
    25 Jul '06
    Moves
    08 Aug '06 21:09
    whats a black hole made of?
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Aug '06 21:24
    Originally posted by nineball2000
    science channel said we are being pulled a inch every year to a black hole 🙄crazy one day we wil be smashed like a fly
    It's called gravitation.
    The gravitation of the earth itself kills a lot of people, and it does this at this very moment.
    Why should we be afraid of the gravity of distant black holes?
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Aug '06 21:26
    Originally posted by moon 111
    whats a black hole made of?
    A black hole is mostly made up of pure vacuum. All except a tiny thing in the middle that holds all of the mass there is inside the event horizon.
  5. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    08 Aug '06 21:42
    Originally posted by nineball2000
    There's one at the centre of every galaxy, including ours.

But we'll never reach it, since the earth will have vanished long before then.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Aug '06 21:45
    Originally posted by Bowmann
    There's one at the centre of every galaxy, including ours.
    I'm not so sure of that, I'm afraid.
    I think a galaxy have to be big enough for having a Black Hole. Small galaxies, like the Magellanic clouds, I don't think they have a Black hole in its 'center'.
  7. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    08 Aug '06 23:31
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I don't care. There is overwhelming evidence that it's true.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Aug '06 01:56
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I think a galaxy have to be big enough for having a Black Hole. Small galaxies, like the Magellanic clouds, I don't think they have a Black hole in its 'center'.
    The Magellenic clouds are former galaxies that our milky way galaxy tore apart because the clouds former galaxy was drawn into ours by gravity. Newer work seems to show the center of our galaxy has two, maybe 3 black holes. I speculate the second or third one came from the milky way tearing into the clouds and stealing their black hole, they are very close together now at the center of our galaxy. Of course I may be full of shite also🙂
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Aug '06 07:01
    We have to be careful here...

As long as galaxies, small or large, has stars of sufficient mass, then, eventually, the stars goes into Black Hole stage. Therefore, galaxies of various sizes has Black Holes.

But one theory says that galaxies is started as a Black Hole from an early epoch of universe evolution. Black Holes forms galaxies. Only later when the star generating processes, as we see them now, Black Holes are randomly created throughout galaxies. But the Black Hole in the middle of large galaxies remains and are growing.

Even the Magellanic clouds do have Black Holes, but those were not created from the beginning, but of ordinary stellar evolution.

If a galaxy is large enough, (and is of a spiral or/and a bar type?) it is most probable that it has a Black Hole in the center. So is this theory. But I don't know if it has been proven by observation yet.
  10. Joined
    18 Feb '06
    Moves
    09 Aug '06 23:00
    there was some plaet that has a high gravition pull in are system that could but since it is areready so stong do you thick it can do it yes are no real proff yet what are you theroies on it not you have to be a little out ot the obrit what are your ideas on it

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree