1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Apr '07 16:38
    Here is an article about some odd findings about gravity, if confirmed, sounds to me like it can be used for a radical kind of space propulsion system, I am talking about the referance to the spinning superconductor experiment which seemed to show an increase in gravity in the center of the ring.
    http://tinyurl.com/2fz8mj
    What do you think? Am I just fantasizing here or could there be something in this. If confirmed, it would seem to me to have to require changes of some kind to general relativity, perhaps.
  2. Joined
    23 Jul '05
    Moves
    03 Apr '07 19:45
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Here is an article about some odd findings about gravity, if confirmed, sounds to me like it can be used for a radical kind of space propulsion system, I am talking about the referance to the spinning superconductor experiment which seemed to show an increase in gravity in the center of the ring.
    http://tinyurl.com/2fz8mj
    What do you think? Am I just fan ...[text shortened]... med, it would seem to me to have to require changes of some kind to general relativity, perhaps.
    If confirmed, I guess it would.

Such a space drive would decades off I think, even that is incredibly optimistic...
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    03 Apr '07 20:33
    Originally posted by Bad wolf
    If confirmed, I guess it would.

Such a space drive would decades off I think, even that is incredibly optimistic...
    Nah, I'm not so sure.

To dabble with the laws of nature, it will cost. Even if there is a theoretical solution how to use it as a new propulsion method it would not be cheap. Perhaps it would even need more energy than the good ol' chemical rockets.

What what would I know about it...?
  4. Joined
    23 Jul '05
    Moves
    03 Apr '07 21:15
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Nah, I'm not so sure.

To dabble with the laws of nature, it will cost. Even if there is a theoretical solution how to use it as a new propulsion method it would not be cheap. Perhaps it would even need more energy than the good ol' chemical rockets.

What what would I know about it...?
    Me thinks they'd come up something better before this actually became a viable option.
  5. Joined
    19 Oct '03
    Moves
    04 Apr '07 00:37
    I am in my first year of physics and this is extemely interesting to me. Does anyone have links to more articles related to this topic?
    -Todd
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Apr '07 14:21
    Originally posted by TDR1
    I am in my first year of physics and this is extemely interesting to me. Does anyone have links to more articles related to this topic?
    -Todd
    Here is one such:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugene_Podkletnov

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree