1. Joined
    29 Feb '04
    Moves
    06 Nov '04 09:02
    Below are three easy questions which are meant to test if you can think logically at speed. So you have to answer them as quickly as possible. Ready?

1) You are participating in a road race. You overtake the 2nd person. What position are you now in?

2) If you overtake the last person, then you are...?

3) Mary's father has 5 daughters called:

1. Nana
    2. Nene
    3. Nini
    4. Nono
    5. ?

Can you quickly work out the name of the 5th daughter?

Sorry, time's up! Below are the answers in ROT 13.
    Slow thinkers can decode here: http://tools.geht.net/rot13.html

1) Vs lbh nafjrerq gung lbh ner 1fg, gura lbh ner jebat! Vs lbh biregnxr gur 2aq crefba naq lbh gnxr uvf/ure cynpr, lbh ner 2aq! Qhu.

2) Vs lbh nafjrerq gung lbh ner frpbaq gb ynfg, gura lbh ner jebat! Cenl gryy, ubj pna lbh biregnxr gur YNFG crefba? LBH ner gur ynfg crefba.

3) Ahah? Bs pbhefr, abg. Ure anzr vf Znel. Wrrm!
  2. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    06 Nov '04 11:48
    Originally posted by THUDandBLUNDER
    Below are three easy questions which are meant to test if you can think logically at speed. So you have to answer them as quickly as possible. Ready?

1) You are participating in a road race. You overtake the 2nd person. What position are you now in?

2) If you overtake the last person, then you are...?

3) Mary's father has 5 daughters ...[text shortened]... r gur YNFG crefba? LBH ner gur ynfg crefba.

3) Ahah? Bs pbhefr, abg. Ure anzr vf Znel. Wrrm!
    Clearly Mary is a boy, with a sister Nunu 😛.
  3. Standard memberTheMaster37
    Kupikupopo!
    Out of my mind
    Moves
    06 Nov '04 13:26
    And for the people who don't want to make an effort to decode;

1) If you overtake the 2nd in a race you either become the 2nd in the race, or you remain the 1st in the race (meaning you lapped the 2nd)

2) If you overtake the last (meaning you weren't last), you can be anything from next-to-last to 1st, meaning you lapped the last.

3) If Mary is a girl, the 5th daughter is Mary, if Mary is a boy, you can't tell.
  4. Joined
    29 Feb '04
    Moves
    06 Nov '04 14:192 edits
    Originally posted by TheMaster37
    And for the people who don't want to make an effort to decode;

1) If you overtake the 2nd in a race you either become the 2nd in the race, or you remain the 1st in the race (meaning you lapped the 2nd)

2) If you overtake the last ...[text shortened]... nything from next-to-last to 1st, meaning you lapped the last.

And for the people who don't want to read, it was a road race - which was meant to imply that there are NO laps. 😛
  5. Standard memberTheMaster37
    Kupikupopo!
    Out of my mind
    Moves
    06 Nov '04 17:04
    *cough* If you race a square in a little town, or city, it is also a road race.

In my opinion road race means nothing more then a race on a road.

If you meant a straigh piece of road, where the goal is to make the fastest time, you should've said drag race.
  6. Zeist, Holland
    Moves
    08 Nov '04 20:56
    Originally posted by TheMaster37
    If you meant a straigh piece of road, where the goal is to make the fastest time, you should've said drag race.
    But a drag race is one-on-one. He should have said 'straight race' or something like that. Or 'car race without laps - just from point A to point B'.
  7. Joined
    29 Feb '04
    Moves
    09 Nov '04 05:182 edits
    Originally posted by piderman
    He should have said 'straight race' or something like that. Or 'car race without laps - just from point A to point B'.

In future I will hire a lawyer before posting anything.

But for #1 isn't it amazing how many people (but none of you lot, of course)🙄 think '1st'. I guess we/they think 2 - 1 = 1, therefore I am now 1st!

8. Standard memberTheMaster37
    Kupikupopo!
    Out of my mind
    Moves
    14 Nov '04 14:23
    Hehe, you're right on that. Only people that are trained to think of all possibilities fast spot that easily 🙂 My education saved me from the herd :p

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree