I don't know if anyone's interested, but I've been set the challenge of creating a paper RPG which includes a board, two things which are not normally compatible and seemingly impossible under the conditions set out below. Come up with a game mechanic for this, year's subscription to anyone that comes up with one good enough to use:
- 1 board, 4 character cards/pieces, D20, no other pieces.
- Grid based board such as this: http://images.boardgamegeek.com/images/pic331461_md.jpg
- Characters have specific skills/character traits which cannot be changed.
- D20 must not be used for movement, only for events/resolution actions
- Game is set in modern office, must have individually achievable goal(s) for each player, though could be a race for each player to acheive a single win condiiton.
- Co-operation necessary, despite individual nature of win conditions.
- Emphasis is not on the boardgame side of things, where movement determines action, but on the traditional paper RPG side, where player choice determines action.
-Game must be completable in less than 2hrs.
At the very least, if someone comes up with a great idea I can work with I may consider the prize won, even if it isn't the mechanic itself; I'm stumped! Time is of the essence, brainiacs, so get to it!