1. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    13 Dec '16 19:281 edit
    Originally posted by BongalloJoe
    no. there is no way to figure out their own eye color without you coming there and saying something.
    You didn't say yes or no to this:

"Look at one another, and if you see someone whose eyes are not green then point to him."
    ( I'm guessing the answer is no )

From page 1:
    "If no one points at anyone else, and you are one of the green eyed people, it would be proof that your eyes are green. I'm not sure if this would be proof the night watchman could accept, unless he was in the room with you and the 100 green eyed people. The fact that no one would be pointing to anyone else would have to be sufficient proof that all of their eyes are green and they all know it.

The goal is to set them all free, so with the watchman there as witness I would say:
    "Look at one another, and if you see someone whose eyes aren't green point your finger at them."
  2. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    13 Dec '16 21:10
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    The goal is to set them all free, so with the watchman there as witness I would say:
    "Look at one another, and if you see someone whose eyes aren't green point your finger at them."
    Are they allowed to communicate with each other?
  3. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    13 Dec '16 21:243 edits
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Are they allowed to communicate with each other?
    All I know for sure is they can't talk, but they can hear and understand what they hear. So this means whoever says anything to them cannot be one of them.

Thay cant talk to anoter in any way. no secret codes or anything keik that.
    This suggests they aren't allowed to communicate by talking or through any other means.

And telling them something they don't already know seems to be key, or one of the key clues to solving this. So this all adds up to you saying something that convinces them (and convinces the watchman) they all have green eyes and know this to be true... all 100 having green eyes becomes known, and the watchman knows that this is known as well.
  4. Standard memberBongalloJoe
    Not Gone Yet
    STALKER ALERT!!
    Moves
    13 Dec '16 22:06
    All I know for sure is they can't talk, but they can hear and understand what they hear. So this means whoever says anything to them cannot be one of them.

[b]Thay cant talk to anoter in any way. no secret codes or anything keik that.

This suggests they aren't allowed to communicate by talking or through any other means.

And telling them someth ...[text shortened]... e... all 100 having green eyes becomes known, and the watchman knows that this is known as well.[/b]
    you are right except for one thing-you have to tell them something they already knew. its not the key to figuring this out, its part of the rules.
  5. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    13 Dec '16 22:23
    you are right except for one thing-you have to tell them something they already knew. its not the key to figuring this out, its part of the rules.
    Thanks for finally straightening that out.
  6. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    14 Dec '16 00:421 edit
    Okay, so I am telling them something they already knew. Got it.

This is just a shot in the dark, but do you tell them everyone else you see has green eyes? Every green eyed person looking at the whole group (minus himself) can see that everyone else has green eyes.
  7. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    14 Dec '16 02:21
    This is just a shot in the dark, but do you tell them everyone else you see has green eyes? Every green eyed person looking at the whole group (minus himself) can see that everyone else has green eyes.
    Is that something each of them already knew?
  8. Standard memberBongalloJoe
    Not Gone Yet
    STALKER ALERT!!
    Moves
    14 Dec '16 03:331 edit
    Okay, so I [b]am telling them something they already knew. Got it.

This is just a shot in the dark, but do you tell them everyone else you see has green eyes? Every green eyed person looking at the whole group (minus himself) can see that everyone else has green eyes.[/b]
    can you say that again? I dont understand.
  9. Standard memberBongalloJoe
    Not Gone Yet
    STALKER ALERT!!
    Moves
    14 Dec '16 03:35
    them being the greeneyed people, yes.
  10. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    14 Dec '16 04:161 edit
    them being the greeneyed people, yes.
    Each one of them already knew that everyone had green eyes?
  11. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    14 Dec '16 05:18
    Each green eyed person can see that everyone else has green eyes, so that much is known by each person. But what each person doesn't know is the color of their own eyes.
  12. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    14 Dec '16 05:22
    can you say that again? I dont understand.
    ( Same answer I gave Handy )

Each green eyed person can see that everyone else has green eyes, so that much is [already] known by each person. But what each person doesn't know is the color of their own eyes.
  13. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    14 Dec '16 05:28
    Each one of them already knew that everyone had green eyes?
    Wait, what? They all know everyones eyes are green, including themselves? In other words, each individual already knows his own eyes are green?

#%@&!!
  14. Standard memberBongalloJoe
    Not Gone Yet
    STALKER ALERT!!
    Moves
    14 Dec '16 06:02
    Wait, what? They all know everyones eyes are green, including themselves? In other words, each individual already knows his own eyes are green?

#%@&!!
    no!
    whered you get that?
  15. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    14 Dec '16 06:26
    no!
    whered you get that?
    I got it from you and Handy.

"Is that something each of them already knew?"

BongalloJoe: "them being the greeneyed people, yes."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree