Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

  1. Standard member ark13
    Enola Straight
    28 Aug '05 18:40
    White clearly has a draw by repetitive check, despite being down material. But does he have something else? White to play and win.
    http://70.84.190.115/3127/44/upload/p755228.jpg
  2. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    29 Aug '05 01:45
    Originally posted by ark13
    White clearly has a draw by repetitive check, despite being down material. But does he have something else? White to play and win.
    http://70.84.190.115/3127/44/upload/p755228.jpg
  3. 29 Aug '05 04:27
    Originally posted by ark13
    White clearly has a draw by repetitive check, despite being down material. But does he have something else? White to play and win.
    http://70.84.190.115/3127/44/upload/p755228.jpg
    piece of cactus. i dont wanna spoil fun so i keep solution unposted
  4. 29 Aug '05 09:00
    Originally posted by Jusuh
    piece of cactus. i dont wanna spoil fun so i keep solution unposted
    seconded
  5. Standard member ark13
    Enola Straight
    29 Aug '05 17:23
    Originally posted by Jusuh
    piece of cactus. i dont wanna spoil fun so i keep solution unposted
    Why don't you PM it to me? I seriously doubt that you have the answer.
  6. Standard member ark13
    Enola Straight
    29 Aug '05 20:03
    ilywrin has the solution correct!
  7. 29 Aug '05 20:08 / 2 edits
    FEN from puzzle from ilywrin's profile. I have to see it.



    "(White to play and mate in 2 moves) If you cannot solve it without moving the pieces, then chess is probably not your game "

    Uh oh. I think I can get it in 3...
  8. Standard member Peakite
    Sais
    29 Aug '05 20:22
    Originally posted by Coconut
    FEN from puzzle from ilywrin's profile. I have to see it.

    [fen]b7/8/k1B5/8/K7/8/8/1R4B1 w --[/fen]

    "(White to play and mate in 2 moves) If you cannot solve it without moving the pieces, then chess is probably not your game "

    Uh oh. I think I can get it in 3...
    That one is easy enough - I can't currently get the initial one.
  9. Standard member ark13
    Enola Straight
    29 Aug '05 20:45
    Originally posted by Coconut
    FEN from puzzle from ilywrin's profile. I have to see it.

    [fen]b7/8/k1B5/8/K7/8/8/1R4B1 w --[/fen]

    "(White to play and mate in 2 moves) If you cannot solve it without moving the pieces, then chess is probably not your game "

    Uh oh. I think I can get it in 3...
    I got it. Do you want the solution?
  10. Standard member PBE6
    Bananarama
    29 Aug '05 21:24
    Originally posted by ark13
    I got it. Do you want the solution?
    I do. I suck at these.
  11. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    30 Aug '05 03:57
    Originally posted by PBE6
    I do. I suck at these.
    The obvious move is 1. Rb6+ however a quick check shows this leads to a mate in 3.

    Quicker is 1. Rb7 Bxb7 (only move) 2. Bb5#

    It's an easy problem because there is only one move to find. Black's move is forced.
  12. Standard member PBE6
    Bananarama
    30 Aug '05 14:55
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    The obvious move is 1. Rb6+ however a quick check shows this leads to a mate in 3.

    Quicker is 1. Rb7 Bxb7 (only move) 2. Bb5#

    It's an easy problem because there is only one move to find. Black's move is forced.
    Thanks Xanthos. I meant I want the solution for the main problem though. I suck extra hard at that one.
  13. Standard member ark13
    Enola Straight
    30 Aug '05 16:50
    I only have one correct solution so far. Mephisto!
  14. 31 Aug '05 11:26
    Originally posted by ark13
    I only have one correct solution so far. Mephisto!
    how many incorrects you have kid?
  15. Standard member ark13
    Enola Straight
    31 Aug '05 13:30
    Originally posted by Jusuh
    how many incorrects you have kid?
    I've had three people give up and ask for the solution, which I provided.