1. Joined
    14 Mar '11
    Moves
    29 Mar '11 05:32
    you are trapped in a room with two guards.There are two doors one leads two freedom and one leads to a room of man eating bears (i envy women now that i said there "man eating" ). One guard always lies and the other always tells the truth, but you don't know which guard is the lies and which one is tells the truth,
    so which guard do you ask?(you can only ask one)
    Also what question do you ask?

P.S. One door is red, one is blue

Reveal Hidden Content
    Ask either guard "If I want freedom, what door will HE say I should go through?"

Reveal Hidden Content
    Lets say the bears are behind the red door, if you ask the honest guard he will say "he will tell you to go through the red door" If you ask the lying guard he will lie and say "he will tell you to go through through the red door" So just go through the blue door! FREEDOM
  2. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    29 Mar '11 19:00
    You can still find out with only 1 guard there.
  3. Joined
    15 Mar '11
    Moves
    29 Mar '11 21:01
    Originally posted by tashi the dwarf
    you are trapped in a room with two guards.There are two doors one leads two freedom and one leads to a room of man eating bears (i envy women now that i said there "[b]man eating" ). One guard always lies and the other always tells the truth, but you don't know which guard is the lies and which one is tells the truth,
    so which guard do you ask? ...[text shortened]... o go through through the red door" So just go through the blue door! FREEDOM [/hidden][/b]
    Ask either guard this question:

"If I were to ask you whether there are bears behind the red door, what would your answer be?"

Suppose there are indeed bears behind the red door.

The truthful guard would answer "Yes" to the question of whether there are bears behind the red door, and so he would tell the truth about his answer and say "Yes".

The lying guard would answer "No" to the question of whether there are bears behind the red door; but he would have to lie about his answer and say "Yes".

Suppose there are NOT bears behind the red door.

Then the truthful guard would be obliged to answer "No" to the question of bears there, and would tell the truth and say "No".

The lying guard would have to answer "Yes" to the question of bears' being there, but would lie about his answer and say "No".

So if I get a "Yes" I know there are bears behind the red door; and if I get "No" I know there are not bears there.
  4. Joined
    24 Jan '09
    Moves
    29 Mar '11 23:42
    and of course if you can ask more than one question, what is 1 plus 1?
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '11
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 02:09
    Oh and i forgot to say you can only ask 1 question

tashi
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    01 Apr '11 09:47
    http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0327.html
  7. Joined
    24 Jan '09
    Moves
    01 Apr '11 21:09
    ha! no questions
  8. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    04 Apr '11 05:12
    Say: "Did you know those bears can open doors?"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree