1. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    22 Apr '06 04:08
    If Hell is exists, would it be exothermic or endothermic?

Show your proof.
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    22 Apr '06 06:16
    http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/gez_ihee.htm
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '06 06:23
    Could an appropriate method to extract heat from hell solve the global energy crisis? A very important question.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Apr '06 16:58
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Could an appropriate method to extract heat from hell solve the global energy crisis? A very important question.
    I'm thinking it might be easier to use a variable length tube to conduct heat from Venus: If you can make a space elevator, then tie a large tube on top and run it to Venus and make a space elevator there you can have a nice heat source because Venus is about 900 degrees C. You would have to learn the trick of flipping the tube over the sun when the earth and venus are 180 degrees apart however.
  5. Argentina
    Moves
    22 Apr '06 17:293 edits
    Originally posted by uzless

Show your proof.
    First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate that souls are moving into Hell and the rate they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for how many souls are entering Hell, lets look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Some of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there are more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially.

Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand as souls are added.

This gives two possibilities:

1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.

2. Of course, if Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it? If we accept the postulate given to me by Ms. Teresa "Jugs" Banyan during my Freshman year - that "it will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you"... and take into account the fact that I still have not succeeded in having sexual relations with her, then, it cannot be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and will not freeze.

(taken without permission from the Jokes and the Culture of Laugh thread in the General Forum)

😀

P.S.: for aditional fun, you can google for "Teresa Banyan".
  6. Argentina
    Moves
    22 Apr '06 17:54
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/gez_ihee.htm
    oh ATY!
    I followed your link, and it is the same anecdote.
    A name is changed, and it seems Ms. TB is up today a legit urban legend!
    LOL!

cheers!
  7. Standard membereldragonfly
    leperchaun messiah
    thru a glass onion
    Moves
    22 Apr '06 20:24
    Originally posted by uzless

Show your proof.
    Why should i have to prove slimething that has approximately zero chance of existing in the first place?? Please stop trying to impress no one or rephrase the question, in a proper fashion.

Anyway...

Too hot to handle. Or else it would have to exist in another alternate universe.
  8. Argentina
    Moves
    24 Apr '06 02:35
    Originally posted by eldragonfly
    Why should i have to prove slimething that has approximately zero chance of existing in the first place?? Please stop trying to impress no one or rephrase the question, in a proper fashion.

Anyway...

Too hot to handle. Or else it would have to exist in another alternate universe.
    Hmmm... acccording to Google. Ms. Teresa Banyan has attracted more attention... 😛
  9. Joined
    04 Jan '04
    Moves
    24 Apr '06 07:59
    How hot is Hell?

According to the Book of Revelations (21:8), "the fearful and unbelieving.... shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone". Brimstone, better known these days as sulphur boils at 445 Celsius.
  10. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    26 Apr '06 09:06
    Since sulphur melts at 115° C and boils at 445°C then a lake of brimstone could exist between these temperatures. However if the pressure in Hell is higher than on the surface of the earth then both of these temperatures would be higher.
  11. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    27 Apr '06 19:081 edit

Anyway...

LOL

Where have you been? Don't you know I need a good laugh every once in awhile? You and your signature style rock.
  12. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    01 May '06 06:21

Anyway...

You didn't show your proof...that's mostly just conjecture and unsubstantiated rhetoric. Feel free to try again when your IQ is in a Waxing position relative to the moon...another 13 days perhaps?
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    01 May '06 06:59
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    Since sulphur melts at 115° C and boils at 445°C then a lake of brimstone could exist between these temperatures. However if the pressure in Hell is higher than on the surface of the earth then both of these temperatures would be higher.
    In theese temperatures you will surely die. Doesn't the holy book says that you will suffer in hell in eternity? How can anyone survive in that environment for long?
  14. Joined
    15 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 May '06 05:06
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    In theese temperatures you will surely die. Doesn't the holy book says that you will suffer in hell in eternity? How can anyone survive in that environment for long?
    air conditioning
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    05 May '06 06:26
    Originally posted by xcomradex
    air conditioning
    Oh, I didn't know that...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree