1. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    20 Sep '05 20:28
    Originally posted by SicilianNajdorf
    I know but still . just because kids are young doesn't mean adults are better than them...
    Age is age, loser.
  2. London
    Moves
    20 Sep '05 20:44
    Fine then , so that means you adults are better than us . I know a 14-year old boy who beat Karpov at a rated tournament , how come adults are better , is it knowledge or physical movement or is it knowing what to do , anyway , why won't they actually let us kids come up on the site ?
  3. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    20 Sep '05 20:53
    Fine then , so that means you adults are better than us . I know a 14-year old boy who beat Karpov at a rated tournament , how come adults are better , is it knowledge or physical movement or is it knowing what to do , anyway , why won't they actually let us kids come up on the site ?
    As I said before, it has nothing to do with playing skill or intelligence. The law says 13 is the minimum age and Russ is following that.

To register on this site you had to lie. You had to tick a box saying you were over 13. You aren't.

Whether or not you agree with it doesn't matter.
  4. London
    Moves
    20 Sep '05 21:22
    Okay , I understand , my question is why do we have to be 13 , I know i must be 16 to smoke legally , but I know why it's that , its becuase it damages our early health , but what's the problem with playing chess ?
  5. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    20 Sep '05 21:37
    Okay , I understand , my question is why do we have to be 13 , I know i must be 16 to smoke legally , but I know why it's that , its becuase it damages our early health , but what's the problem with playing chess ?
    For someone who claims to be the equivilent of a 17 year old you really are struggling to grasp this.
    Because you were required to register to play on the site an age limit has to be in place. It's for the safety of minors online.
  6. London
    Moves
    20 Sep '05 21:53
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    For someone who claims to be the equivilent of a 17 year old you really are struggling to grasp this.
    Because you were required to register to play on the site an age limit has to be in place. It's for the safety of minors online.
    Am I allowed to return when I'm older ? And another , thing , you know any ids correspondence chess sites , coz i'm only 1 . 25 years away from being 13 , and do you think there are any of those kids sites out there waiting for me ? Thanks Xanthos anyway .
  7. Earth Prime
    Moves
    20 Sep '05 22:02
    sure is good that Xanthos has infinite patience.
  8. London
    Moves
    20 Sep '05 22:05
    Yeah , but I assure you I won't take all day .
  9. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    20 Sep '05 22:05
    Am I allowed to return when I'm older ? And another , thing , you know any ids correspondence chess sites , coz i'm only 1 . 25 years away from being 13 , and do you think there are any of those kids sites out there waiting for me ? Thanks Xanthos anyway .
    Maybe Xanthos is grooming you!
  10. London
    Moves
    21 Sep '05 15:52
    Thanks , I just found , chess.ac
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Sep '05 18:14
    and taking the piss out of kids is sad
  12. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    21 Sep '05 23:49
    Originally posted by jord253
    and taking the piss out of kids is sad
    Shut up you.
  13. Joined
    14 Jun '04
    Moves
    22 Sep '05 06:19
    But why do these sites only allow over 13s ? My IQ is perspectively a 17 year old's standard knowledge . If I'm 11 , why won't they allow me ?
    Because of what Bowmann does to small children on this site is illegal.
  14. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    22 Sep '05 15:29
    Your 14 year old friend is allowed to play here, ur not. that was a bad example if u were tryin to convince people u can play here
  15. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    22 Sep '05 16:28
    Originally posted by Alpha10
    Because of what Bowmann does to small children on this site is illegal.
    Not in the UK.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree