1. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    28 Nov '05 02:57
    Following on some wild claims that Shav made about Rubik's cubes at the London Meet-Up, I woke up at the crack of 3 pm and braved a serious hangover to determine whether or not he was talking rubbish. I haven't reached a conclusive result quite yet, but I'm mostly convinced he's an honest man:

sonofhealfdane.blogspot.com

Can anyone finish the proof? Can someone tell me if I'm on the right track?
  2. Earth Prime
    Moves
    28 Nov '05 04:20
    I didn't read the freaking long thing, but it is well known that one can memorize how to solve a rubik's cube. I have a friend that does it in 120 seconds max.

They have championships for it.
  3. Joined
    24 Nov '05
    Moves
    28 Nov '05 23:50
    yeah... there's a faster way, but its not as flashy
  4. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    28 Nov '05 23:58
    http://www.speedcubing.com/chris/
  5. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    29 Nov '05 00:12
    Originally posted by adramforall
    http://www.speedcubing.com/chris/
    Do you know of any bounds on how many moves are needed? My analysis was good enough to prove that at least 18 moves are required however you start (although it doesn't give a configuration which can be done in 18 moves, so the actual number may be much higher), but I didn't manage to prove that it can always be done in 54 (although I'm almost certain it can). On a second glance, I don't think the approach I started there will work.
  6. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    29 Nov '05 08:45
    Originally posted by Coconut
    I didn't read the freaking long thing, but it is well known that one can memorize how to solve a rubik's cube. I have a friend that does it in 120 seconds max.

They have championships for it.
    I know someon who can do it in under a minute 😛. He got bored with the regular one so he moved on to a bigger one, I think it was 12 rows, can't remember though.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree