29 Apr '07 03:12
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    life?
    death?
  2. Going where needed.
    Moves
    18 May '07 00:36
    i've always had trouble with this, forgive my ignorance but can someone explain it to me...

life?
    life is like salmon.

you swim upstream all day to find out in the end, you get screwed and die.

that's it.
  3. Sigulda, Latvia
    Moves
    18 May '07 11:38
    Originally posted by warewiz
    Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe: Computer goes into deep sleep for years pondering the human posed question "What is the meaning of life?". Eventually wakes up and gives the answer: "42"
    I was just foolin' around. When the computer spit out the answer "42", no one really remembered the question.
  4. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    18 May '07 13:17
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. (John Lennon)
  5. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    18 May '07 14:15
    the human searches for a "meaning" in phenomena. searching for a meaning in life is to put the entire existence of all biology into a context that centers back on the human being. remember, the question is about the meaning of "life" not just "human-living". this makes no sense, unless one thinks that the entire universe was created for the human being for some reason. having said that, realize that the answer is no farther away than the closest judaic bible, god created man etc. of course, if you subscribed to that philosophy, you wouldn't have asked the question, so this little comment is for those who are seeking a rational perspective rather than a 5000 year old religious-mythical-traditional explanation. What is the meaning of life? the answer: it is a meaningless question. a better question: how is it that such highly functioning biological creatures that are capable of such powerful technological, artistic and intellectual achievements are capable of such stupid chess moves? (note my rating and public games!) (this last line was, of course, just a joke for all of those who are ready to angrily press your keyboard keys and press the POST button to flame me out. please read this disclaimer and press CANCEL) thank you.
  6. Joined
    08 Mar '06
    Moves
    18 May '07 23:26
    "The meaning of life is to be happy, try not to hurt other people and hope that you fall in love". Mallory Keaton (Justine Bateman), on Family Ties
  7. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    19 May '07 15:101 edit
    Originally posted by coquette
    the human searches for a "meaning" in phenomena. searching for a meaning in life is to put the entire existence of all biology into a context that centers back on the human being. remember, the question is about the meaning of "life" not just "human-living". this makes no sense, unless one thinks that the entire universe was created for the human being for the POST button to flame me out. please read this disclaimer and press CANCEL) thank you.
    All I know is you played me tougher than nails in all four of our games young lady. Or are you saying in a backhanded way that my play must suck because your play sucks? 😳
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    19 May '07 15:12
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. (John Lennon)
    I have always had a great amount of respect for that particular Lennon quote. I love the song it came from as well. He wrote it for his son Sean.
  9. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    19 May '07 15:15
    Life, in the simplest terms and the most straight-forward definition, is the gap of time that occurs between birth and death....nothing more and nothing less. What we do in during that span of time, be it long or short, is up to us and all of the factors that surround our lives. This is the exertion of free will.
  10. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    19 May '07 19:15
    i've always had trouble with this, forgive my ignorance but can someone explain it to me...

life?
    It's an 'f' in 'lie'
  11. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    19 May '07 19:54
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    All I know is you played me tougher than nails in all four of our games young lady. Or are you saying in a backhanded way that my play must suck because your play sucks? 😳
    no, it had nothing to do with our great games. i had just made some really stupid blunders before i posted that.
  12. Joined
    10 Feb '07
    Moves
    20 May '07 03:05
    It's just an anagram of file.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree