Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

  1. Standard member celticcountry
    Copyright ©2001-2006
    30 Dec '06 15:36
    Cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! If you can raed tihs psas it on !!
  2. 30 Dec '06 17:36
    Originally posted by celticcountry
    Cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed i ...[text shortened]... zanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! If you can raed tihs psas it on !!
    Amazing, I'd say, quite amazing.
    And I don't even have English as my mother tongue, and yet I could read it without much difficulties.

    I wonder if it works the same way in Swedish too? I'll try.
  3. 30 Dec '06 18:27
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I wonder if it works the same way in Swedish too? I'll try.
    It wont work, English is a magical language.
  4. 30 Dec '06 18:41
    Originally posted by mazziewag
    It wont work, English is a magical language.
    Have you tried? The magic Viking language of the braves?
  5. 30 Dec '06 20:45
    Ugg.
  6. Standard member flclkris
    Padawan Learner
    01 Jan '07 14:34
    I've heard of this but actually never saw it executed in a whole paragraph before. Interesting... it does work.
  7. Standard member JYD
    02 Jan '07 13:01
    Works in German

    Afugrnud enier Sduite an enier Elingshcen Unvirestiät ist es eagl, in wlehcer Rienhnelfoge die Bcuhtsbaen in eniem Wrot sethen, das enizg wcihitge dbaei ist, dsas der estre und lzete Bcuhtsbae am rcihgiten Paltz snid. Der Rset knan ttolaer Bölsdinn sien, und du knasnt es torztedm onhe Porbelme lseen. Das ghet dseahlb, wiel wir nchit Bcuhtsbae für Bcuhtsbae enizlen lseen, snodren Wröetr als Gnaezs
  8. Standard member MCA
    TokerSmurf
    02 Jan '07 20:56
    this should work in all languages which use the standard alphabet, due to how the brain reads and translates what the eye sees.

    not sure about others like japanese, chinese which use symbols rather than letters though.
  9. Standard member celticcountry
    Copyright ©2001-2006
    03 Jan '07 20:49
    I wonder how this relates to Dyxlexia studies?
  10. 08 Jan '07 12:09
    Cool. However, some of the trick comes down to the fact that your mind instantly sets itself to a different mode. It quickly realises that all the letters in most words are jumbled up, hence it interprets all the words clearly.

    What happens if only some of the letters are jumbled up? Not as easy to read...

    Couldn't blveiee that I cluod actually understand what I was rdanieg. The phenomenal pweor of the human mnid, according to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde University, it deosn't matter in waht order the ltteers in a wrod are, the only iprmoatnt thing is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mess and you can sitll raed it without a porbelm. This is bcuseae the human mnid deos not raed every letter by istlef, but the word as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? Yeah and I always tghuhot spelling was ipmorantt! If you can read tihs pass it on !!

    Nothing amazing, but just a thought anyway.
  11. 10 Jan '07 21:50
    Originally posted by bee tea
    Cool. However, some of the trick comes down to the fact that your mind instantly sets itself to a different mode. It quickly realises that all the letters in most words are jumbled up, hence it interprets all the words clearly.

    What happens if only some of the letters are jumbled up? Not as easy to read...

    Couldn't blveiee that I cluod actually underst ...[text shortened]... s ipmorantt! If you can read tihs pass it on !!

    Nothing amazing, but just a thought anyway.
    Well, actually I could read this one much faster then the previous one posted. Perhaps, because of the fact that I was reading almost the same text second time.

    And it's not only English, in which this is possible. In Latvian language it is also possible, though in English it seemed easier for me despite the fact that English isn't my default language.
  12. Standard member PocketKings
    Banned from edits
    11 Jan '07 13:59
    This has to be the 1001 time this has been posted
  13. 11 Jan '07 14:35
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    This has to be the 1001 time this has been posted
    I can only find it in Thread 44764 (and this was not even a exact copy), where is the other 1000 times?